• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My Konus Spot80 spotting scope just has a table top tripod and it's not very good. Hmmm.....what tripod is that one that Bandit got?
    Now I'm realizing that if I go back down the bolt action path, I'm going to have to add the price of a spotting scope better than my old Tasco that is gathering dust under my gun bench... And a tripod.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Now I'm realizing that if I go back down the bolt action path, I'm going to have to add the price of a spotting scope better than my old Tasco that is gathering dust under my gun bench... And a tripod.
    I'm still using the Harbor Freight special. Not something I've ever considered investing much in.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Is that the bare minimum one you would recommend? I paid about that much for the scope itself. I see SLIK has some other, less expensive options on Amazon.
    Yeah, probably so.... any optic is only as good as the weakest link (support system). :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I probably have the same model (poopy) Tasco that you have. ;)
    Eventually, I'll get another.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Is that the bare minimum one you would recommend? I paid about that much for the scope itself. I see SLIK has some other, less expensive options on Amazon.

Here is my "experience" (MM can correct my lingo).

The challenge with a tripod is two fold. 1) being sturdy - that one is easy.

2) the head being "good" enough that you can make move to a distant target and STAY on the target as you let go of the scope at an extreme magnification. The head on that tripod does an excellent job of moving smoothly and then staying on point. I am probably not explaining that right but there is my two cents. Sorry I overcharged you...

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Here is my "experience" (MM can correct my lingo).

The challenge with a tripod is two fold. 1) being sturdy - that one is easy.

2) the head being "good" enough that you can make move to a distant target and STAY on the target as you let go of the scope at an extreme magnification. The head on that tripod does an excellent job of moving smoothly and then staying on point. I am probably not explaining that right but there is my two cents. Sorry I overcharged you...
    :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You pay for stability, smoothness, and feature-set.
    My camera tripod cost over $1200.

i-mwZ6PK3-L.jpg

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Birds was an exceptional guy. He and Losey were very welcoming to me when I met them both at the range by chance one day, several years back. I was brand new to CZ’s. Guy #2 at the front desk of the range noticed my CZUSA case with the Cajun sticker on it and told guy #1 behind the counter that I was dealing with to put me on a particular lane. Which was not the original lane guy #1 had appointed me to. Long story somewhat shortened, he knew to put me next to BA and the Wizard. It didn’t take long before I noticed they were taking an interest in my firearms (Cajunized P09 and RAMI BD). Neither of them had ever shot either them, to my knowledge, but they had by the time we parted ways. So in hind sight that’s a pretty neat honor. It also didn’t take long before I was shooting what they had. Both of them were so friendly and in fact I believe it was BA that strongly recommended I look into a forum called INGO. As it were, I was a member on a CZ specific forum and had them write their user names down so I could find them on INGO, if I joined. When they wrote them down I couldn’t believe I was shooting with two of some very well known members of that CZ site.

Losey, It really stinks that Birds has died, I could tell from our brief stint at the range that you guys were like brothers. My condolences go out to all of the czickness crew. I know ya’all are pretty close. RIP Birds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom