THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As I mentioned, I've been cleaning out the basement over the Christmas holiday. Tonight, I ran across a true treasure that I had forgotten even owning. While rearranging my reloading/cleaning room, I found the Hoppe's 9 gun cleaning kit that my father had given me back in the late 1970s. I've drug this kit around with me for decades, but have not actually used it since then. I've long since bought a lot of new kits, rods, fluids and stuff.

But, tonight, for the first time in nearly 30 years, I laid my hands on it and found that there's about a third of a bottle of Hoppe's 9 in the kit. I opened it and took a sniff of the exact stuff that I used to clean guns with alongside of my father. He's been gone about 20+ years. This is not similar stuff, but the same bottle probably last opened while cleaning guns with him. That bottle will hold a special place for me going forward. Over the years, I've always liked the smell of Hoppe's 9 as it reminded me of the past. This is the past.

Now, I'm going to go pour a healthy dose of bourbon and spend a bit of quiet time trying to remember the range trips that I made as a kid with my dad.

Happy New Years everyone!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    As I mentioned, I've been cleaning out the basement over the Christmas holiday. Tonight, I ran across a true treasure that I had forgotten even owning. While rearranging my reloading/cleaning room, I found the Hoppe's 9 gun cleaning kit that my father had given me back in the late 1970s. I've drug this kit around with me for decades, but have not actually used it since then. I've long since bought a lot of new kits, rods, fluids and stuff.

But, tonight, for the first time in nearly 30 years, I laid my hands on it and found that there's about a third of a bottle of Hoppe's 9 in the kit. I opened it and took a sniff of the exact stuff that I used to clean guns with alongside of my father. He's been gone about 20+ years. This is not similar stuff, but the same bottle probably last opened while cleaning guns with him. That bottle will hold a special place for me going forward. Over the years, I've always liked the smell of Hoppe's 9 as it reminded me of the past. This is the past.

Now, I'm going to go pour a healthy dose of bourbon and spend a bit of quiet time trying to remember the range trips that I made as a kid with my dad.

Happy New Years everyone!

That story made my day.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’m going to party like it’s a Wednesday night in May. Lol

Oh my .... you are such a wild n crazy guy !!!
    i-LnnL95q-M.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom