MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It's killing me.

Yeah, I thought that we had enough $'s in the 401K to be worry-free in the fabled golden years ..... but with the continued collapse of Wall Street, that isn't the case.
    Frankly, I'm concerned. Deeply concerned. But yet, there doesn't seem to be anything (logical) that I can do. Throw-in the usual physical challenges that come with older age, and oh-boy, it's a potent mix.
    So, I just try to have a smile on my face, and continue to have fun. Some days, that's hard.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hmmm .... we could say "trade", instead of "sell".
    You know how it works, Bandit. You trade steel, for paper with pictures. :@ya:
    Yea....to be honest...I was thinking that I should let the safe pay for the fancy 22 if I order one.

T-dogg can tell you how that usually works out for me...

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yeah, I thought that we had enough $'s in the 401K to be worry-free in the fabled golden years ..... but with the continued collapse of Wall Street, that isn't the case.
    Frankly, I'm concerned. Deeply concerned. But yet, there doesn't seem to be anything (logical) that I can do. Throw-in the usual physical challenges that come with older age, and oh-boy, it's a potent mix.
    So, I just try to have a smile on my face, and continue to have fun. Some days, that's hard.
    About once a day, my mind goes "OH :poop: - How am I possibly going to ever retire and survive?".

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Yeah, I thought that we had enough $'s in the 401K to be worry-free in the fabled golden years ..... but with the continued collapse of Wall Street, that isn't the case...

Probably more down before the up. Up could come after the election this fall or in 2024. It has a history of rewarding those that stay in rather than trying to time the market.

Yea....to be honest...I was thinking that I should let the safe pay for the fancy 22 if I order one.

T-dogg can tell you how that usually works out for me...

WHAT??? I thought you'd have it ordered by now. Come down Friday and you can shoot mine. Four of us are going to HHRP. Mini-late sge.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    About once a day, my mind goes "OH :poop: - How am I possibly going to ever retire and survive?".

And most likely, you have a lot more time remaining to think about that question. (which might not be a benefit).
    Me .... I'm in the home stretch, and can't really change enough of my financial planning to effect the future. I must tie the proverbial knot, and hang on !

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Well theres always Walmart greeting if things get to tight.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Probably more down before the up. Up could come after the election this fall or in 2024. It has a history of rewarding those that stay in rather than trying to time the market.

WHAT??? I thought you'd have it ordered by now. Come down Friday and you can shoot mine. Four of us are going to HHRP. Mini-late sge.

Oh, I'm standing pat .... but there's palpable pain, when I watch the daily financial report.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Talk to your financial planner/broker and see if you can sell most or all of it if it continues lower and immediately buy equivalent funds/assets to capture the capitol losses.

My broker did that for me during the last big drop and captured $238K in losses that saved paying taxes on that much when it recovered.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Talk to your financial planner/broker and see if you can sell most or all of it if it continues lower and immediately buy equivalent funds/assets to capture the capitol losses.

My broker did that for me during the last big drop and captured $238K in losses that saved paying taxes on that much when it recovered.
    Just have to be careful of a wash sale

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just have to be careful of a wash sale

True, that's why I leave it up to my broker. It is not something I know enough about to pull it off on my own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom