The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I have a pantsless highway project should the road choose to accept it. BRC has some steel tubing that I have a project for if anyone is heading past Ligonier and can move it south.
    I should note im willing to get it to whoever in NE IN that might be planning a trip in Patience’s direction sometime in the future. Its a 3”x5” 3/16 wall peice about 4’ long.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I should note im willing to get it to whoever in NE IN that might be planning a trip in Patience’s direction sometime in the future. Its a 3”x5” 3/16 wall peice about 4’ long.
    I'll be in his neck of the woods Friday but I'm in Tippecanoe County. Any chance it could get to me before then or close to me anyway?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I like my P10C with an optic and my PDP Compact. Was going to get an optics ready version of the Shield Plus to replace the non-optics ready version I have, but I'm going to hold off. I don't carry the Shield Plus as much as I'd thought I would.

Why not, WT ? :dunno: (I'm curious, as I'm considering a Shield Plus, or similar)

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I'll be in his neck of the woods Friday but I'm in Tippecanoe County. Any chance it could get to me before then or close to me anyway?
    Thats a tad more than i can swing during the week. Tippy Co. is 4.5hr round trip for me.

Id like to stay north of 24, south of the MI line, west of the Ohio line, and east of 15, for this one.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've been searching for a folding pocket knife with Woolly Mammoth scales for a couple of years now. Although I'm plodding ahead with my project to make my own scales for a neck knife (photos I've already shown), I've wanted a knife that showcases what true master silversmiths/ lapidary experts/ jewelers could create.

Finally, the one I (didn't know that I wanted, until I saw it) revealed itself, on Santa Fe Stoneworks <{click for link} one-of-a-kind R&D page.
    Until I was married, I used to say "I'm addicted to Girls, Guns, and Guitars". After marriage, I had to drop "Girls", and substitute Knives. ;)

The Police model Spyderco has been continuously in their line-up since 1980.
    When the craftsmen at Stoneworks put their love into it, and made a scale
    of Jet, Woolly Mammoth molar :wwub: , and sweeps of Mother of Pearl .... I had to make it mine. I hope that you like the photo. It was my afternoon project !

(click to make bigger)
    i-T86XhzB-XL.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have a red dot on my P10s, and my VP9. I bought an Optics Ready slide for my VP9. I am debating taking the OR slide off it and put it back to the original slide.

The P10s I have only shot with the optic on it, so I am used to it. I haven't gotten the VP9 sighted in yet.
    I absolutely love my P10s w/ dot. Climbed the EDC hierarchy quickly. I can pull tight groups, but need to work much more on picking it up initially off the draw. My first foray into dotted pistolas.

Evening all. Busy till sundown as per, now catching a flick with Pickle Lady before bed.
    6243f024683b2aeb9d740a261d8a3a3e.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've been searching for a folding pocket knife with Woolly Mammoth scales for a couple of years now. Although I'm plodding ahead with my project to make my own scales for a neck knife (photos I've already shown), I've wanted a knife that showcases what true master silversmiths/ lapidary experts/ jewelers could create.

Finally, the one I (didn't know that I wanted, until I saw it) revealed itself, on Santa Fe Stoneworks <{click for link} one-of-a-kind R&D page.
    Until I was married, I used to say "I'm addicted to Girls, Guns, and Guitars". After marriage, I had to drop "Girls", and substitute Knives. ;)

of Jet, Woolly Mammoth molar :wwub: , and sweeps of Mother of Pearl .... I had to make it mine. I hope that you like the photo. It was my afternoon project !

(click to make bigger)
    i-T86XhzB-XL.jpg
    Very nice, MM. Now cerakote the blade blue and you'll really be stylin'.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I feel retirement calling me on a daily basis. Not a real retirement, but just a retirement from a large corporation. I’m going on 26 years at my present company and feel like that’s been 16 years longer than I should have stayed.

Stay too long at a company and a couple of things happen. First, you get comfortable. Comfortable in having a decent amount of vacation and a decent pay. Comfortable in having the ability to work from home for years at a time with nobody saying squat because you have always been the guy that gets stuff done.

Then, you start accumulating baggage in the form of being the last guy left in the company from a lot of projects. You also can become the fix it guy that watches other team members melt down when there’s a challenge, only to step in for them and fit it with no drama. That last part gets lots of crap work assigned because while others will just whine and bitch, you get it done and move on.

Now, I find myself thinking on a daily basis what it would be like to not have 14 assessments in my in basket, and not be the guy that runs the teams process. I find myself wondering what life would be like to not have 5 major projects in the works over and above the day to day stuff.

Retirement will get here soon enough, but I really wish it would speed up a bit. I’d love to take 6 months off and then start something new. 6 months without deadlines or status reports. I’ve not had more than 2 weeks off since sometime around 1981.

Yup, retirement from corporate life sure does sound interesting

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

(click to make bigger)
    i-T86XhzB-XL.jpg
    That is so stinkin pretty! I’d feel honored to slice my finger open with it while playing with it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom