THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What grip tape do you use? I have need of some for some projects and thought I'd check.
    It's a small sheet of Talon sandpaper texture. I originally bought it for a poor man's front strap checkering on the 1911's, but have used it on several other things. gmcttr gave me solid advice about rounding the corners to prevent peeling off.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You'd want to see it in person before making that decision. If you're seriously interested, let me know and we can meet up for lunch or something in the next little bit.

I think that there would always be a stigma attached: that I purchased a 'girl gun'.
    For that reason alone, I must pass, WT !.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I haven't seen WC run free shipping, only the % off, but I could be wrong.

I saw they currently had 20% off

Best I've done is WC during a sale and I was able to select UPS sure post in the past (which was only $5.95 and on more than one occasion UPS actually delivered vs transferring to USPS), but it looks like now they may only be shipping via Fed Ex which is interesting. At the time this was better than MidwayUSA standard price and free shipping (when a coupon was available). It may be a toss up now that WC seems to at least be only offering FedEx for me now.

Check out the compatibility chart for all your options: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/WCP320 Grip Module Reference 1.3.1.pdf

I've already talked myself out of getting one, but thanks. I really like the grip it came with, but it needs texture in a couple of places. Per the response from Carlos, I may order some material from Talon Grips and apply to those areas to see if I can get what I want out of it. I think that's all that I need to keep the grip from moving around in sweaty hands. Still tempted by that Pro slide, but really wanted the stainless Spectre slide to set it off. Decisions, decisions.... ;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Actually, I've done some research into the demise of Neanderthals.
    The general scientific consensus is that they didn't thrive for two reasons: poor diet, and failure to develop language skills.

I've met people like that today. Times aren't as tough as it was in prehistoric times, harder for natural selection to work, but I have seen it catch up to some.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    :+1: For the 97. Why did I not get one f these before now! Out of the box (and this one appears like new) this is the sweetest shooting CZ yet! It is very buttery out of the box. Did some O ring dry fires this morning (after the Mrs went out) maybe a few hundred trigger pulls and a little of the grit is already gone. Has a little play in take-up after reset but not bad at all out of the box.

First 30 rounds in the center, next 10 to the left and 5 to the right at 10 yds

1671469503618.jpeg

5 with off hand only on the left, 5 strong hand only on the right and 2 hands in the middle from 7 yds

1671469639075.jpeg

25 yds 6 shots supported, first shot DA between the marker x and the target with 4 SA, all 5 POA center of the orange and last one 1 DA POA the marker x

1671469748371.jpeg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    :+1: For the 97. Why did I not get one f these before now! Out of the box (and this one appears like new) this is the sweetest shooting CZ yet! It is very buttery out of the box. Did some O ring dry fires this morning (after the Mrs went out) maybe a few hundred trigger pulls and a little of the grit is already gone. Has a little play in take-up after reset but not bad at all out of the box.

View attachment 243234

5 with off hand only on the left, 5 strong hand only on the right and 2 hands in the middle from 7 yds

View attachment 243235

25 yds 6 shots supported, first shot DA between the marker x and the target with 4 SA, all 5 POA center of the orange and last one 1 DA POA the marker x

View attachment 243237

Dang ....you're shooting that 'lights out' !

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

View attachment 243234

View attachment 243235

View attachment 243237
    That's awesome!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I've met people like that today. Times aren't as tough as it was in prehistoric times, harder for natural selection to work, but I have seen it catch up to some.
    Personally I feel a lot of these mass shooters are due to poor diet/no exercise, mind altering drugs (both street sourced and prescribed) and failure to learn basic social skills to deal with face-to-face conflict of any kind because they live in some online world. They get butt hurt over some trivial or perceived slight and think the only recourse is to blow people away like they do in their video game universe. Or they get insulted in their virtual worlds and sue someone (JUST TURN IT OFF AND REJOIN THE REAL WORLD PEOPLE!) In times past many of these people would not have survived puberty.

rant done

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’m thinking about a light for my P01. I’d like to set it up as my dedicated home defense since it has the tritium night sights. I prefer tritium over a red dot in the dark. What do you guys know that fits and works well on the compact frame? Pics help if you have any on a P01. Thanks.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It appears to be trickling out, would not expect a compact anytime soon.

Wait? Say what?

“And right where you’d expect the typical CZ sear cage, it’s enlarged to form a fire control group, just like the P320 — yep, it’s a chassis pistol.”

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m thinking about a light for my P01. I’d like to set it up as my dedicated home defense since it has the tritium night sights. I prefer tritium over a red dot in the dark. What do you guys know that fits and works well on the compact frame? Pics help if you have any on a P01. Thanks.

I got an olight on the P-01 I traded for. It has PL-Mini Valkyrie 2 on the side (K60909717) I think (it's pretty small, even with readers on). It seemed to fit just fine.

1671472801152.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom