Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You read my mind. I have 2 Sawyer filters in my BOB and camp gear. Was trying to research how to plumb it all with quick disconnects, and the ability to backwash the system using the barrel pressure. Being able to flip it around would be cool to do that.
    I like the small Sawyers because I can even hook them into my Camelbaks if I have to grab dirty water on the run for whatever the reason.
    I also have a kaytdyn vario I can screw nalgene bottles onto the bottom and fill as its filtered. Or I have a hose i can run into any container (even the disinfected camelbak) if time isnt an issue.
    Sometimes due to security or other time issues you may have to pack out dirty water and filter some as you keep moving and filter other containers once you get to safety. But you'll still need water as you move. Those small in line sawyer filters are great for that.
    However they do not filter chemicals or heavy metals or certain bacteria even. So it's good to use iodine tabs too. At least you'll get anything that will give you the ****s or pukes

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the small Sawyers because I can even hook them into my Camelbaks if I have to grab dirty water on the run for whatever the reason.
    I also have a kaytdyn vario I can screw nalgene bottles onto the bottom and fill as its filtered. Or I have a hose i can run into any container (even the disinfected camelbak) if time isnt an issue.
    Sometimes due to security or other time issues you may have to pack out dirty water and filter some as you keep moving and filter other containers once you get to safety. But you'll still need water as you move. Those small in line sawyer filters are great for that.
    However they do not filter chemicals or heavy metals or certain bacteria even. So it's good to use iodine tabs too. At least you'll get anything that will give you the ****s or pukes

I need to improve in this area.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I need to improve in this area.
    Check out the vario if you want a good mobil filter that can filter A LOT of water fairly fast. This is good for a group.
    Also it has an option to bypass the ceramic filter for a faster filter.
    I wouldnt do that unless I was filtering freshly collected rainwater or similar. It will still go through the activated charcoal and poly type filter though.

This is a complete filter. It filters it all out for safe drinking.

Also have some steripens. Thanks uncle Sam.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Check out the vario if you want a good mobil filter that can filter A LOT of water fairly fast. This is good for a group.
    Also it has an option to bypass the ceramic filter for a faster filter.
    I wouldnt do that unless I was filtering freshly collected rainwater or similar. It will still go through the activated charcoal and poly type filter though.

This is a complete filter. It filters it all out for safe drinking.

Also have some steripens. Thanks uncle Sam.

On it.....Thanks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    On it.....Thanks.
    Yep.
    For at home you can build your own Berkey system out of the same ceramic filters and use 4 or 5 gallon stacked buckets with a spiquet.
    I'm not saying dont buy a berkey but they arnt cheap and theres cheaper ways to filter water in emergencies. Also good to have backups for yourself but also for handing out to support team members/family/neighbors who will also need their own camp drinking water.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep.
    For at home you can build your own Berkey system out of the same ceramic filters and use 4 or 5 gallon stacked buckets with a spiquet.
    I'm not saying dont buy a berkey but they arnt cheap and theres cheaper ways to filter water in emergencies. Also good to have backups for yourself but also for handing out to support team members/family/neighbors who will also need their own camp drinking water.

Agreed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom