The CZickness XXXIII: Putting the Social in Social Distancing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Making 41 LC BP ammo for the Colt Thunderer, SPG lube always reminds me of rancid french fry oil.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It’s always a chore to balance life. You need to maintain financial security, yet also need to try to make your life goals happen too. This current crisis has the wife and I spending more time together now than we have in the last 35 years. I honestly worry about some that are stuck in tiny apartments. We have a decent sized house that lets us retreat to very different areas when we need some space.

The Grotto in the basement has been getting far more use this last month than it has in the last 25 years of living here. We’ve been watching more movies together, going for walks together like we used to do when dating and doing video chats with family. We find ourselves cooking more often now too. There are times when I think that we might be spending a bit too much time together but it will balance in the end.

The BB gun range in the basement is a fun distraction right now. The dog has really been enjoying having both of us around all of the time. I might get back into flight sims too but am lacking decent hardware for the current crop of excellent flight sims out there.

I'm really hoping this whole thing allows us to work more often from home. It's really nice to be able to save on gas, not have to deal with traffic and have a slower pace to the day. I would like going into the office on occasion, but it doesn't need to be often... :):

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Well with no one at work to radio me, I can afford the alone time 20 minutes a day to practice in the warehouse between rounds. Fist sized group at 25y. I guess the solitude is good for something
    9757872de6ae82a26405bbea450a2b64.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Very nice! My back hurts just looking at the pics :)
    There are 26 pavers there. They’re 40 pounds each. I picked each one up no less than 5 times today. These were existing pavers, that I took up last week. Pressure washed both sides today before setting them. Who needs a gym membership. :laugh:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    There are 26 pavers there. They’re 40 pounds each. I picked each one up no less than 5 times today. These were existing pavers, that I took up last week. Pressure washed both sides today before setting them. Who needs a gym membership. :laugh:

Agreed. I got my (at least right) arm workout today. Swung a sledge driving fence posts for the garden.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Tell me more, you have my attention.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-50-lb-PowerLoc-Jointing-Sand-115047/202092196

This is just an example. Its a polymeric sand that you get wet after brooming on. Hardens to create a "silicone" like bond. I highly recommend it for these reasons:

1. flexible to the effect that joints wont crack over time/traffic.
    2. Waterproof the joints to minimize paver shift/seperation
    3. Won't wash out or blow out of the joints in weather.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom