The Denny theory; is there a possibility you've had Covid19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Why in the hell would you go to work with a 102 fever? Whether it was Kung Flu or not, that's just crazy. Not only for yourself, but if you have a fever that high you ARE contagious, no matter what bug it is. Don't do that.

I didn't want to but had no choice. I missed 2 days and that's all I'm allotted. It was either go to work or get fired. I did everything I could to stay away from people, cleaned every surface I came in contact with, took breaks in the bathroom and ate by myself, all for the next week. Was the best I could do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't want to but had no choice. I missed 2 days and that's all I'm allotted. It was either go to work or get fired. I did everything I could to stay away from people, cleaned every surface I came in contact with, took breaks in the bathroom and ate by myself, all for the next week. Was the best I could do.

Man, I feel for ya. That would suck.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I overheard a co-worker talking about this just this morning. Back in January...maybe December (I didn't catch the exact time frame) she said she came down with something that had all of the symptoms they talk about with this virus. Then her husband got it. In hindsight, she said she couldn't imagine how her mom (with congestive heart failure) didn't catch it from her.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I had some days earlier this year where I felt crappy and fluey, would love to find out I now have immunity and wasn't feeling like hammered dog poop for nothing.

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    I am late to this party but with my wife a nurse, 2 kids in public schools and me a public servant, we get a touch of everything but it doesn’t usually get us down. This December my wife came home sick, within 2 days I had it. Sore throat, ears, headache, hard to breathe, and a hard cough that never moved anything. Within 2 days we both had a fever that would come and go for the next two days then just wiped out for about a week until we improved. Doc said it was a virus but 2 separate antibiotics diddnt help. By that time we’re 3 weeks out still not feeling well but most symptoms were gone. Funny thing is kids never got sick. Wife said they had seen similar virus at the hospital beginning in November. Folks would test negative for the flu and they would treat them for a virus. Said there were people in hospital for weeks with the same symptoms.
    I don’t know if we had it, i kinda hope that was it as we both are “essential” and could use the antibodies if we got them.
    My worry is for our older folks and the kids.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It's a long-ish video, but worth the watch, in my opinion.

Mentions that "we" haven't developed a test for the antibodies, meaning we couldn't yet know who has had it (i.e. no longer actively infected).

[video=youtube_share;-UO3Wd5urg0]https://youtu.be/-UO3Wd5urg0[/video]

As an anecdotal aside, we know a family who had two people sick with COVID-19 like symptoms. One of them was hospitalized for 12 days and is likely to have permanent lung damage. Even so, no tests for either of them.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Wife had a terrible sickness jan 27 or so, down for a few days, trouble breathing, hardly walking some flu like but no GI issues, kid had the “flu” at the same time, tested negative for it.

coworker had the flu early last month, was in the hospital for a couple days, they wouldn’t give him his test results.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's a long-ish video, but worth the watch, in my opinion.

Mentions that "we" haven't developed a test for the antibodies, meaning we couldn't yet know who has had it (i.e. no longer actively infected).

[video=youtube_share;-UO3Wd5urg0]https://youtu.be/-UO3Wd5urg0[/video]

As an anecdotal aside, we know a family who had two people sick with COVID-19 like symptoms. One of them was hospitalized for 12 days and is likely to have permanent lung damage. Even so, no tests for either of them.

Why do the S. Koreans have such a test and "we haven't developed one yet"?

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I am convinced I had it already. Didnt feel the greatest for almost 2 weeks, missed almost a week of work when had a fever, fatigue, sore throat, headaches and what I would call a dry cough, had chest congestion but couldnt cough it up. Couple days of high fever. No diarrhea or vomiting. Went to doctor and he said you picked up some kinda virus...

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I'll throw my hat in the ring and say I feel suspicious about having it back in December. I do event photography and was around thousands of folks (including some from China) during November and December. I got sick a week before before Christmas and my symptoms mimicked Covid-19. I wish there was testing available to see if I had it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yep, I am pretty certain I have / had it too. I haven't never had any serious symptoms but I've been feeling slightly off for the last 10 days or so. Nothing that I would describe as feeling "bad" but just slightly weird from time to time.

Wednesday I started having an itchy nose, upset stomach, waves of hot and cold flashes and light headed. Late afternoon I started to get a bit of a pressure headache. I developed a very low grade fever (99.4) for that night only, followed by about 48 hours of gastrointestinal distress.

I woke up Thursday feeling a little cruddy but fever was gone. Today, Friday, I feel fine.

Over this entire 10 day period my throat has felt strained, like I spent the whole day talking. Not really sore, but voice is tired. I also found myself getting winded more easily than normal. Like when climbing the stairs. Not what I would call trouble breathing, just easily winded.

I keep expecting to wake up one morning feeling terrible, but it just hasn't happened.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Anyone in here test positive for virus or antibodies yet? I tested positive for antibodies yesterday. Just curious to see if anyone else is, now that wider testing nets are being cast.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Fairly certain I got it at Fabtech in November. Plenty of close interaction with vendors from around the world. It knocked my son and I out from Thanksgiving thru Christmas. Cough stayed until after New Years. Elderly parents took it with them to Alabama and weren’t 100% until late February. Lucky they were both in excellent health for almost 80 and no underlying conditions. Sadly a visiting friend fell ill and died a few weeks after visiting them. That was mid-February.

I actually joked to my wife at the time in December that I wondered what folks who die from the flu feel like the night before they die. No air, no energy, and a cough like nothing I’d never had. I probably would have been more scared had I felt the same way in April.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My daughter was chosed for the state testing survey so we had to drive her to a testing site last week. Negative for both virus and antibodies.

Top Bottom