• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    ...may have brought a new shooter on board.
    After finding out that my (very liberal) brothers 13 year old boy was developing an amazing interest in WWll history, I finally convinced my brother to go with his son and myself to let his son shoot my limited collection of WWll stuff...(M1 carbine, Remington Rand 1911, Mosin Nagant 91/30.)
    The boy is a quiet sort, but I could tell he was having a great time and was appreciating the skill set these vets had.
    And no, I didn't have him shoot the Mosin, but just watch that one being shot. He did pretty good for his first time with anything outside of scout camp with a BB gun.
    I was proud of my brother too, for putting aside his politics, for his son.
    Of course I couldn't help but call the 15 round M1 carbine magazine a "Feinstein clip". I'm sure he got it. I don't think his son heard me. :):

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'd buy a Mosin and some cans of ammo while they're still cheap to give to him in the future. Hard telling what availability and price will be like once he can have his own firearms.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I'd buy a Mosin and some cans of ammo while they're still cheap to give to him in the future. Hard telling what availability and price will be like once he can have his own firearms.
    That's a great idea! Now if only I could predict whether I will be able to legally transfer it to him after Diane Feinstein gets done with the firearms codes, might be another story. (By then it might be...... "nobody needs 5 shots to hunt...so turn 'em all in Mr. and Mrs. America" ) :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My grandfather was in the South Pacific in the First Marine Division. Any idea what weapons he would've used?
    He might have used a Garand or an M1 Carbine, a Thompson, and probably a 1911. My dad was in the South Pacific also (Sea Bees)... Here are some of his buddies shooting a Thompson off the back of a boat (that's Dad on the far left)... :)

ThompsonBoat2_zps58dbec0a.jpg

jevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow, DoggyDaddy, those are some really cool photos! I wish my family had some photos of my elders in the service. Cherish those forever and make sure to pass them down (in both analog and digital form =))!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, DoggyDaddy, those are some really cool photos! I wish my family had some photos of my elders in the service. Cherish those forever and make sure to pass them down (in both analog and digital form =))!

We came across a bunch of them in a closet (I'm living in the house Dad built and I grew up in) several months ago. I'd been looking for them since I first found them up in the attic as a kid. Definitely want to preserve them! :)

Top Bottom