• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You need to read Deroy Murdock's column "The feds bring out their big guns" on page A10 in today's Indianapolis Star. [Feb. 11] You can also find it on line at indystar.com in the opinion section . It should give you the cold chills.

Who says the federal gubbamint has a monopoly on this policy?

A tactical response team of the Memphis PD entered the home of a Cordova, TN man to serve a warrant. Officers claim that the man pointed a handgun at them, so they shot and killed him.

Why did the Memphis PD SWAT team kick down this man's door? Was he a narcotics dealer? A violent, child predator?

Nope!

The Memphis Animal Shelter decided he had too many pets, and asked the PD to assist in serving a warrant for animal cruelty.

Cordova Man Shot and Killed by Police

Way to go, Memphis PD! You are really keeping Memphis safe!:rolleyes:

I go to Memphis a lot. It's a sh!thole. In my opinion the MPD is indistinguishable from the criminals, thugs and creeps that infest that city.

In memphis now. I'll keep that in mind.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm a former Memphian and moved because I got tired of the city trying to compete with Detroit for murder capital of America. Of course, that was before Chicago started stepping up their game but still, Memphis is a dump with some of the most corrupt cops out there. This is not a surprise to me.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Do you guys honestly expect anything less though? This is another example of only producing the bad information in a report. How many times do yo think they show up somewhere and have it turn out bad??? Theyre just following protocol and protecting themselves. If you were about to invade someones property unknowing of what waited on the other side of the door wouldn't you want to be armed to the teeth. Theyre just taking precautions. Yes sometimes unecessary, but for it to work properly it has to be done the same everytime regardless of the situation.

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    539184_494963633880086_1722435518_n.jpg

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Do you guys honestly expect anything less though? This is another example of only producing the bad information in a report. How many times do yo think they show up somewhere and have it turn out bad??? Theyre just following protocol and protecting themselves. If you were about to invade someones property unknowing of what waited on the other side of the door wouldn't you want to be armed to the teeth. Theyre just taking precautions. Yes sometimes unecessary, but for it to work properly it has to be done the same everytime regardless of the situation.
    And another sheep is heard from.

Are you effing serious?! Did you even read what you typed?

Why are representatives of the government INVADING people's property? The constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right of the people to bear arms doesn't precede the 3rd and 4th Amendments by accident. It is there to further guarantee those rights are held too.

And just to point out where your argument really fails...

WE are the ones on the "other side of the door". THEY are the ones doing the INVADING!

You seem to be pretty okay with it.

:koolaid:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    And so...

It's been quite some time since the people were on top of the real governing system. If there were any doubt that these objectives were actual and active, then you knew nothing of history. When the truths of our lineage are unspoken and somewhat trampled, they come back to haunt, to be relearned, to be relived. :starwars:

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    Radley Balko was mentioned as a source in this article. He has long been cataloging the militarization of police. Especially agencies that may investigate fraud, but have no legitimate need of there own SWAT teams.

His new (:puke:huffpost) site: The Agitator

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And another sheep is heard from.

Are you effing serious?! Did you even read what you typed?

Why are representatives of the government INVADING people's property? The constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right of the people to bear arms doesn't precede the 3rd and 4th Amendments by accident. It is there to further guarantee those rights are held too.

And just to point out where your argument really fails...

WE are the ones on the "other side of the door". THEY are the ones doing the INVADING!

You seem to be pretty okay with it.

:koolaid:
    3rd amendment violation?
    No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
    4th & 5th maybe?
    Ok, I read it again, never mind, I see what you're saying. It's not every day you get to copy/paste the 3rd amendment.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    published to facebook! So many damn people go about life wondering "who won the game last night?" or something stupid like that and completely forget bigger issues happening in their back yard. Then will so quickly dismiss "alarmist" thoughts of people losing their freedom, not just 2A, but any freedoms... so aptly put "We can do what we want, when we want, and there's nothing you can do about it."

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Yes the Amish are really bad to deal with. Did the police think that they would shave there beards or shun them. Is this stuff for real. Kill a guy because he had to many pets? Throw a guy down on the lawn and tell him you are a fed and you can do what ever you want? They were hunting for his x wife? Sounds like the brown shirts in Germany before world war 2. They did what ever they wanted to. Can any one explain to me why they broke in the doors and didn't just knock? Why the show of force?

I know of a teacher that was killed in Miami Florida by the police because the police had the wrong house and the teacher gave them a hard time so they shot him thinking he was a drug dealer and later found that they had the wrong house. They were at like West 107 and should have been at East 107. According to his wife he was yelling at the police, you can't do this I have dun nothing wrong. Where is your warrant? Then they shot and killed him when he started walking in there direction. This was an unarmed fifty some year old teacher. It is my understanding that the family sued and got money. All records were sealed so it wasn't known what they got, but no one was charged or demoted. That was on the news in Miami. Maybe twenty years ago. So this isn't something that has just started.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Y

I know of a teacher that was killed in Miami Florida by the police because the police had the wrong house and the teacher gave them a hard time so they shot him thinking he was a drug dealer and later found that they had the wrong house. Maybe twenty years ago. So this isn't something that has just started.

Look at it from the bright side. Indiana has this:
    http://theweek.com/article/index/229167/the-indiana-law-that-lets-citizens-shoot-cops

I have known many good cops. Sad part is I've know just as many suffering small penis syndrome.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    This is a good article, however, it saddens me. My "paranoia and fear" is justified and that scares the hell out of me. SIGH.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Look at it from the bright side. Indiana has this:
    http://theweek.com/article/index/229167/the-indiana-law-that-lets-citizens-shoot-cops

I have known many good cops. Sad part is I've know just as many suffering small penis syndrome.

Yeah, nice law on the surface, but anyone with any sense knows that you're dead the moment you point a gun at a cop that has busted into your house in a wrongful raid. Even if you manage to get a shot off in self defense, all the other officers will assume you're a dangerous felon and will open fire on you.

Top Bottom