• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It was my dad's Marlin Model 60. The one with the squirrel in the stock. I still have that gun and shot it last weekend. It's probably had tens of thousands of rounds through it. And still shoots without any problems. But it looks new on the outside. He was an excellent shot. Army marksman. I remember being a kid and being amazed at what he could do with that little rifle. I still am. I'll never sell that rifle. Going to either one of my kids or a grandson eventually.

Good memories are rare for me, but this is one of them.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When I was 15 living in Chicago there was a program where kids (boys) could go to Great Lakes for a few days and live like a Marine. While there they set up a BAR and we each got to fire off a few rounds. Quite impressive for a 15 year old.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I had been around guns most of my early life, my step father was something of a collector/ trader. One day when I was about 16 I came home for lunch and found a racoon in the back yard trying to get into a rabbit hutch.
    I went to my step fathers room and picked up a loaded 38 special he kept on the dresser and dispatched the coon to that great garbage dump in the sky.
    Got my a** chewed good that nite but 1 shot one kill.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Nearly 57 years ago (I just turned 60) it was a bolt action .22 that my Dad and uncle would let me shoot a few times while they were shooting their .22 custom tack drivers with large scopes at targets on the gravel piles of a stone quarry located north of Bluffton. One of them would load a shell and help hold it steady while I got the thrill of pulling the trigger. Oh, to be that young once again when firing a .22 would get me all excited.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Remington 1100 .12 gage baby! Step-dad took me out to a junk yard one night and we shot up some cars...whooot! I remember at night seeing that thing go off and a huge blast of fire out the end. I'll always remember that.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    bolt action 22. Glenfield I believe. Killed first squirrel with it too. Then up to a single shot 16 ga. Still have both guns too.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    22 LR J.C. Higgins single shot ,my dads favorite rifle ,it had a cracked stock but he used for racoon hunting cause it was light.My mom had a stock made by a local woodworker (his first attempt ) to replace the cracked one & it still remains in the family.I ask my brother to get it out once a year to clean & oil & I can still smell my dads Electric Shave on it.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Winchester model O2A. My dad still has it and he bought in from a guy in the 30's for 5$. It has 1928 carved in the stock. AND it's still accurate!!

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    red rider bb gun baby! but the first "real" gun would definately be a 12 ga single shot when i thought i was "big" enough. im sure you can all figure out how that turned out

abigbadzebra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Richmond
    I'm new here and was browsing through a bunch of posts, so I gotta revive this one.

First gun I shot I still have. My dad bought it for me when I was 15. I was a bit older, but I didn't really spend a lot of time with my dad till then.

Ruger 96/22.

Of course, I've done some upgrades since. It didn't have a scope or the hi-cap mag back then. This thing is a great little plinker and I'll keep it forever!

Ruger_96.jpg

Top Bottom