The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 14th Edition: Ketchup Farts, Dog Sneezes and Misspelled Tattoos

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I worked swing shift for years. 3 days on, 3 days off, 3 nights on, 3 nights off. Overtime meant working your middle day off...I would work Mon, Tues, Wed night shift, get off at 6 am Thursday. Back at work 6 am Friday for 12 hr shift. Had to sleep couple hrs Thu morning, get up at noon, drag ass around until 8 pm, go to bed so I could get up at 5 am for day shift. When I retired, I slept 11 hours a night for 2 years. True story.

Plumbous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2022
    West KY
    Worked nights for years, finally went to day shift last July. In Sept I broke my foot, on the job. In January emergency appendectomy. In May got rear-ended on the job. One week later, heart attack on the job. If I ever go back, I'm NOT working day shift. Some of us just seem to do better on caffeine, hate, alcohol, and ibuprofen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Worked nights for years, finally went to day shift last July. In Sept I broke my foot, on the job. In January emergency appendectomy. In May got rear-ended on the job. One week later, heart attack on the job. If I ever go back, I'm NOT working day shift. Some of us just seem to do better on caffeine, hate, alcohol, and ibuprofen.
    Wow dude.

But did you ever think, it woulda happened on shifts?
    (edit, I worked shift work, not nights, so I never go used to a single shift)

It's been a year and a half retired, and I'm still trying to adjust to day shifts.
    Quarter to one, and I guess tonight's not the day either.
    But I'm still enjoying it.

Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yeah, being forced into days definitely causes health issues when the old bod is used to nights. When it happened to me it was afib with a renal infarct. Blood clot to the kidney. Only instance of afib even after 12 years of constant EKG's because I switched to
    a different job in the same company where I could have my beloved nights back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom