• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone else play older games? I've been on a tomb raider kick recently. I remember playing them on a playstation when I was younger but never finished them. Secrets are not well marked, thankfully. Pickups are easy to miss. I highly recommend both to people that enjoy puzzles and exploration without the help of a game that tells you everything.

Tomb Raider 1
    I used the version on the PC meant for use with Voodoo graphics cards. Some amazing person made a program that allows modern graphics cards to "understand" the calls for old Voodoo cards, so it runs great! I actually had difficulty playing the original version due to the graphics being so god-awful that it was hard to tell what was a switch and what was normal wall. I love this type of older unforgiving game. You screw up, well no help for you--so satisfying. This game gets weird at the end. Really weird.

Tomb Raider 2
    Great improvements over 1. Great story and music. I actually used a program to replace the textures in this (not cheating) with textures ripped from the iOS remake of TR2. Tomb Raider 2 never looked so good. Unforgiving like the first game and really a pleasure to play.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We've come a long way.

lHZaC2C.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx round-up

1. Nintendo and Sony say you can repair game consoles without voiding warranty (due to law change). "Breaking the seal" no longer voids warranty.
    2. E3 rumors - Walmart Canada posted a bunch of games "accidentally" on their store website... could be a leak.
    3. Sony will focus on Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 at E3.
    4. Microsoft building new XBox team in Santa Monica to focus on first party titles.
    5. Nintendo Switch online service details.
    6. Trailer for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for Switch, exclusive.
    7. Kratos voice actor telling dad jokes.
    8. Steam Link app coming to iOS and Android, can stream games to devices.
    9. Mercy Pink Skin in Overwatch for a $15 donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
    10. Weird Battlefield easter egg possibly dating the announcement of the next Battlefield game.

[video=youtube;pm8to7T96F4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm8to7T96F4[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Alex Jones as every Overwatch character.

This is... pretty good, actually.

Very mild language.
    [video=youtube;72y14xXJlyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72y14xXJlyk[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never thought I'd purchase Skyrim again... but GreenManGaming has Skyrim VR 30% off... with another 20% using coupon code BETH20

Couldn't pass that up.

Actually, lot of really good sales going on there: https://www.greenmangaming.com/

Pay attention to the coupon codes on the front page... they can be stacked on top of the sales.

Last edited:

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have only purchased it twice, but Skyrim VR is so worth the 2nd go around. I wish I would've waited a few months for this sale though. I could've had both FO4 and skyrim for the price of one. I HAVE A PC, I should know better.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have only purchased it twice, but Skyrim VR is so worth the 2nd go around. I wish I would've waited a few months for this sale though. I could've had both FO4 and skyrim for the price of one. I HAVE A PC, I should know better.

Friend picked it up, too. Says it's pretty easy to load Skyrim SE mods into it... which is what I'm looking forward to. Skyrim VR with all the excellent mods... Hoping to find some solid immersion stuff to add.

Also, unrelated, for Overwatch fans:

"My parents aren't home..."

https://gfycat.com/NextEnlightenedCockerspaniel

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have an Oculus Rift with 3 sensor set-up. I have a 3 meter extension on HDMI and USB cords and it makes rooms scale pretty fricking great. Unfortunately, I jumped in before the last round of price drops, but it has still been worth every penny.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    9. Mercy Pink Skin in Overwatch for a $15 donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Blizzard has raised nearly $10 million from players toward the BCRF.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21758132

And people say video games aren't good... Never underestimate the power of millions of people with expendable income seeking unique skins.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A number of "adult-themed" games on Steam are being told they need to make changes or face deletion from the store.

Not a ton of information at the moment.

Top Bottom