• SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up

1. Rumor that next Assassin's Creed will be Vikings, Norse
    2. Report that Watch Dogs 3 will be set in London.
    3. News of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, upcoming game by Respawn. Rumor it will be 100% free of microtransactions
    4. PlayStation users can now change their PSN username. First change is free. Some risks involved with older games.
    5. Fortnite adds Apex-like respawn/resurrection mechanic.
    6. New story trailer for Chernobylite, looks really good.
    7. New RAGE 2 trailer.
    8. New Mortal Kombat 11 characters revealed.
    9. Ubisoft head hints Splinter Cell will return.
    10. Dragon Age's next game teased.

[video=youtube;HT--HFs_XTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT--HFs_XTg[/video]
    This made my day. I made my horribly stupid name without thinking and now am off to change it!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I don't know how many people are into the Fire Emblem series, but I'm very much looking forward to Fire Emblem: Three Houses which is coming out in July. I'm really hoping it's more like Awakening than the last two Fire Emblem releases.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tried jumping into GTA V after years of not playing it.

Ouch...

Every online session rampant with hackers, a very immature playerbase, and not much opportunity (that I know of) to earn money to participate in the new ventures.

Also, found a relatively small YouTube channel. Here, he talks about the different types of progression systems in games.

[video=youtube_share;gDQX3jk5xxc]https://youtu.be/gDQX3jk5xxc[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you're interested in the story of the Fallout 76 launch, and everything that went wrong with it... the legendary Internet Historian has you covered.

Language

[video=youtube_share;kjyeCdd-dl8]https://youtu.be/kjyeCdd-dl8[/video]

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a little office in Brownsburg and operate two racing/flight simulators, a fixed-location beast with triple 47-inch monitors and all the bells and whistles plus a mobile party rig available for tradeshows, car enthusiast events, private parties, etc.

I’m running iRacing on the driving side and X-Plane 11 for flight. Both rigs have G-Seats on them with moving panels that press on your body to simulate sustained G-forces. The larger rig also has rear traction loss where in the back of the rig swings from side to side as the car yaws. The steering is highly advanced force feedback and all parameters of how the simulators behave are tunable.

If you’re into driving or flight (real or simulated) send me a PM if you want to come out and give it a try.

4900FA14-7AC7-4A5E-B03D-3C273C0685C8.jpg

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    That looks pretty fricking cool. I love my VR set-up and feel like it was a splurge, I don't think I would feel right throwing money at that sort of rig no matter how awesome. Mind if I borrow it?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a little office in Brownsburg and operate two racing/flight simulators, a fixed-location beast with triple 47-inch monitors and all the bells and whistles plus a mobile party rig available for tradeshows, car enthusiast events, private parties, etc.

I’m running iRacing on the driving side and X-Plane 11 for flight. Both rigs have G-Seats on them with moving panels that press on your body to simulate sustained G-forces. The larger rig also has rear traction loss where in the back of the rig swings from side to side as the car yaws. The steering is highly advanced force feedback and all parameters of how the simulators behave are tunable.

If you’re into driving or flight (real or simulated) send me a PM if you want to come out and give it a try.

View attachment 76941

Family friend makes those! Pretty cool setups. He also races, and calls races.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

View attachment 76941

Does that G-Seat work on fighting games? What would it do to you if you were punched, stabbed or shot? :):

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That looks pretty fricking cool. I love my VR set-up and feel like it was a splurge, I don't think I would feel right throwing money at that sort of rig no matter how awesome. Mind if I borrow it?

Demos are free and I only charge $60 an hour rig rental which is the cheapest anywhere around here. Send me a PM if you want to come by.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Finally sent my motherboard out for a replacement (I hope), can't wait to get it back in so I can play games and get some work done

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New Playstation "State of Play" just ended. Sort of their version of Nintendo Direct.

Things shown, in order:

1. New Monster Hunter World content. MHW: Iceborne. Release date, Sept 6. Big DLC.
    2. Next game is a pixel/voxel hack-and-slash, dungeon crawler. Cool visuals. Called Riverbond, release this Summer.
    3. Predator: Hunting Grounds. 2020 release. Online multiplayer shooter
    4. Remake of Medieval, coming this Fall.
    5. "Away: The Survival Series"... really odd, very cinematic.
    6. New limited edition PS4 console, steel gray.
    7. New Final Fantasy 7 remake footage.

[video=youtube_share;4gWK9-2pdXQ]https://youtu.be/4gWK9-2pdXQ[/video]

Top Bottom