• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Tonight was like any other night, took a shower spoke with my wife and played with the pups. Then suddenly I had the urge to go get my favorite drink at Walgreens. Asked my wife if she wanted anything then set off to get ready. Now, like every other night, I had the usual gym shorts attire on and a FFDP (they rock) t-shirt. As I reached for my M&P 40C I quickly realized there was no way I could wear gym shorts and wear my sidearm. So what did I do? I went without (felt naked).

My my question to you INGO is, if you carry while in gym shorts or even PJs and how do you. I'm thinking of getting a little 380 for times like this. Any suggestions?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I carry appendix in a holster with a spring clip. I also wear compression shorts under my workout shorts so the compression shorts keep the pistol snug to my body.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have a Juncle Mike's IWB that will fit my Taurus Poly .38 or my little Kel Tec P11.I hated that holster for so long until I had to go somewhere one night when I didn't have time to change.I found out that the little cheap-o holster had a use.I just tuck it in at 0300 and cinch the drawstring(fat guys like me love drawstrings).

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    this topic needed to be addressed.....i say tie the draw strings tight, and throw that pocket holstered 380 in there...kirk will be along soon to set us straight though

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't wear gym shorts in public. When I go to TaeKwonDo I usually don't carry a gun because even locked int car I have no way of securing the car keys in the changing room. I am not worried about theft but the idea of an unattended gun is too much for me.

To the topic, mini .380 or Jframe in the pocket? What about a belly band or stylish fanny pack?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    some of us really love to wear gym shorts out and about, all day, everywhere....so this should be addressed....do i really have to dress like a soldier to be safe when i go out, or can i wear what i want and still carry...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Plan ahead to avoid such issues?

Seriously though, if you allow yourself such compromises, why worry with carry at all?
    There is a strong chance you'll never need your gun. Then again, maybe you'll be right on top of shoulder bumping bangers who start a gunfight, shooting up a bunch of the surrounding crowd?
    I'm sure you'll be OK with your sub-calibur 5-6 shot stuck in your boxer briefs.

Sheep or sheepdog?;)

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Ok I just tried putting my keys, wallet, phone and M&P in my pockets and my shorts stay up but of course prints very badly. I'm not sure the brand but there was a holster I've seen that has a clip on it and has a very grippy sides so it stays in the pocket. I think I'll do some research on some smaller pistols out there

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Make a choice:
    1. I love gym shorts more than I feel I need to carry.
    2. I can get gym shorts with a draw string strong enough to support my weapon.
    3. I can live with wearing khakis because they have a belt.
    4. I'm man enough to sport a fanny pack to hold my weapon since my gym shorts are like panties.
    5. I'm going full shoulder holster while wearing gym shorts, and I don't care who feels they're going to shoot me first because I'm OC'ing...

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    the best part about gym short carry is they cant tell if you have a half chub or a micro 9 in your pocket

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I pocket carry an LCR in pajama pants around the house. When in gym attire I stylishly rock an Uncle Mike's fanny pack with the same.

Top Bottom