Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    You have no choice but downsize to something smaller and lighter (use a holster that has a strong metal clip.) I normally use the S&W shield, XDS, or CM9 in a Desantis soft tuck or High noon Mr. Softy holster when in gym shorts. You should not try to run or be active though especially since you do not have a belt and I only do this around the house or on a very quick run to CVS. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    I've carried my glock 17 in a cheap uncle Mike's iwb with a snug drawstring before with no real issues.
    When out for a walk/run I sometimes wear my pistol belt over my shorts with a owb. It's much more secure for when you know you're going to be jiggling it a lot etc.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    i didnt realize ingo was so serious about their dress code.....i dont believe its any of your business if im wearing socks with sandals, gym shorts and a white tank top.....its a free country isnt it

I hear you man...I mean c'mon...Why can't my wife not see the perfection of me wearing an old pair of sweatpants with a pair of nice cowboy boots??? "Murica!!!!

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    ...until your laziness causes a failure that paints us all in a bad light that could be used to change future legislation:
    Walmart Shooting In Indiana Leaves Woman Injured, But Gun Owner Won't Face Charges
    Im assuming he had no holster at all and had it in the belt.

But yes yes I will wear gym shorts out of the house if it's later at night and I need to go get something. The LCP is 9oz and the bodyguard is 11oz, I think my wallet weights that, so it's not a big deal for me to carry in the pocket with shorts as far as weight goes.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    FIFY.....:)::ingo:

Guilty as charged.

Reminds of the time one of my customers showed up for large, public meeting wearing a pair of gym shorts, old cowboy boots and a buttoned down collared shirt. Nobody wanted to claim the guy as one of their accounts.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    IWB with Uncle Mikes cheapie rig, shoulder holster w/ open front shirt w/ Tshirt underneath, or a shotgun w/ sling, when rocking gym shorts.

I like khaki golf shorts w/ string waist, so sometimes my S&W 442 wears a DeSantis Hip Grip(has a small clip to hang on the waistband, sans holster!) Now the other stuff weighs down the pockets. Keys, cell phone, wallet, Cold Steel Vaquero Tanto knife. Almost need the photo journalist vest to carry all the extras.(you may be overdressed on a 90 degree day, also they shout "Gun")

Always shoes, unless around the house, allows flip flops. I prefer sneakers to sandals. Actually would wear my 8in Rocky Duty boots w/ cushy socks, but again hot carry, and looks too much tactical.(goes well with crew cut, khaki operators hat w/ flag velcroed to front), shemagh wrapped shoulder/neckline. Too much! Survivor look from Afghanistan! (you need at least a 3 day beard for full appearance)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I keep a little 380 in my pocket around in the house in my shorts or on the table next to me if I for some reason don't have pockets in them. If I go out into public or leave the house I wear shorts with pockets and keep the 380 in the pocket. A couple of people recommended a Remora holster. And I must say this is a great option. I have one for my Glock27 and I can pocket carry with it sometimes but it's not idea for several reasonsl... However it works fantastic for IWB carry with sweatpants and even basketball shorts. I'll carry like this if I make a late night store run dressed like your describing, then I am not limited to a little 380 and it plays BUG.

Top Bottom