The Hellcat, Springfield's Hi(er)- capacity compact.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can't believe any company gets away using a shield sight anymore.

The fact they think that's good enough for you to have on a life saving firearm tells me the engineers who built it don't know what they're doing.

What does this say about Glock and their plastic sights?

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    There has to be other sights out there that will work. The venom is the way I’m going but I’m going to have to try and see if someone has both to see how they go together. Vortex said it would work but will it look right?

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I am just curious and maybe someone pointed this out and I missed it. Everyone is praising Springfield for getting 11 rounds in the flush fit and thirteen in the extended. But the sig ships with two 10 rounders. Perhaps Sig stopped at 10 for a reason? New York, New Jersey, Mass, Conn, California? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the 1 extra round now make the Springfield a no go in those states? Marketing wise i know they keep touting the extra round, but 10 seems a smarter marketing move in my opine.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I am just curious and maybe someone pointed this out and I missed it. Everyone is praising Springfield for getting 11 rounds in the flush fit and thirteen in the extended. But the sig ships with two 10 rounders. Perhaps Sig stopped at 10 for a reason? New York, New Jersey, Mass, Conn, California? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the 1 extra round now make the Springfield a no go in those states? Marketing wise i know they keep touting the extra round, but 10 seems a smarter marketing move in my opine.

I am not good at math but that one round is a 10% increase, no? Man I hope you are not in marketing? Last time I checked there were 50 states and you named off 5 that only allow 10 round mags. So your argument is that they did poor marketing by appealing to the people in 45 states:popcorn:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just found this chart. The Hellcat is actually shorter in height than the P365, while holding 1 more round. I pocket carry a lot, and the most important dimension for me is the height.

Capture.jpg

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-springfield-hellcat-micro-compact

I haven't handled the Hellcat yet, but if it feels good in the hand, I'll likely have a new pistol exclusively for pocket carry. I already know I like the sights on the Hellcat better than the stock X-rays on the P365.

Never getting rid of my P365s, though. Already ordered an XL grip module for my P365, so I'll have both a P365xl and a P365x (Standard P365 with xl grip module). Full grip P365s for 13 rounds on tap, or Hellcat in the pocket for 12 rounds.

Life is good. :)

Glock? Never heard of her. :):

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I am not good at math but that one round is a 10% increase, no? Man I hope you are not in marketing? Last time I checked there were 50 states and you named off 5 that only allow 10 round mags. So your argument is that they did poor marketing by appealing to the people in 45 states:popcorn:

No, my point was that Sig was first at bat and did good marketing by appealing to people in all 50 states. Ship the gun with two ten round mags and offer larger ones for purchase in states without stupid mag restriction laws. In other words don't cut 10% of your potential customer base ( in the United States alone ) out from the get go. And now include other countries with capacity restrictions, Canada etc. Seems to me Sig stopped at ten rounds for a reason. That was my point.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No, my point was that Sig was first at bat and did good marketing by appealing to people in all 50 states. Ship the gun with two ten round mags and offer larger ones for purchase in states without stupid mag restriction laws

How is it smarter to offer only 10 round mags because of 5 mag restricted states, rather than offering maximum capacity to all and selling neutered mags to the 5 moron states?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not meaning start another one of those threads about PSA,:) and I have bought a lot of stuff from them in the past but I hardly visit them anymore as they are usually out of stock.

I really wish they could find a way to manage their inventories better. This is a lack of ability on their part. End of rant. Carry on.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Springfield is pretty good at marketing. I just watched a promo video on the Hellcat over at Guns America. They do make it sound appealing.
    The question for me is: do I snag a new Shield on sale at Point Blank tomorrow or hold off and shoot one of these when they become available to see if I like it?
    And will the street price come down?:) $300 for a Shield vs over $500 for this probably would make the decision easy for me. Make the street price in the mid $300's and I'd really think about it.

Reminds me of when I had a Shield that I was perfectly happy with (for $280), then I shot a friend's Sig P365, and lost control b/c of its size, accuracy & capacity (12 round mag fantastic), and paid $500 +$25 tax then $50 for a 12 rd. mag ($575). That's double what I had in my Shield! :dunno:
    I have no intention of ever shooting a Hellcat, until a friend owns one and makes me: then the battle begins again. :laugh:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    When it gets the gear up promotion I will probably pick one up. Capacity Intrigues me and it can’t be worse than the 365.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just remember who sold out gun owners and the second amendment ... springfield.

Alao remember who knowingly sold faulty guns to the military and police, and civilians ... SIG.

****'em both

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Just remember who sold out gun owners and the second amendment ... springfield.

Alao remember who knowingly sold faulty guns to the military and police, and civilians ... SIG.

****'em both

I'm sorry am I the only one here who could care less what companies do? If I didn't buy a product every time a corporation did something I didn't like then I would not own anything. I can only image the BS gun companies in IL have to deal with. I also did a little back ground and they reversed their position and spent a ton of money on gun rights after. That was also years ago. I recall Cheaper then dirt charging $100 for a Pmag and Dicks sporting goods pulling AR's, S&W voting to only allow one gun per month, ETC>.> I am sure there is more, Apple gets under my skin too but I still have all there stuff. Hell even the NRA plays politics, part of business

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I'm sorry am I the only one here who could care less what companies do? If I didn't buy a product every time a corporation did something I didn't like then I would not own anything. I can only image the BS gun companies in IL have to deal with. I also did a little back ground and they reversed their position and spent a ton of money on gun rights after. That was also years ago. I recall Cheaper then dirt charging $100 for a Pmag and Dicks sporting goods pulling AR's, S&W voting to only allow one gun per month, ETC>.> I am sure there is more, Apple gets under my skin too but I still have all there stuff. Hell even the NRA plays politics, part of business

No, you’re not. I buy a company’s products because I like them and that’s it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I remember back in the 60s when Kroger started selling beer & wine, my foster Mom quit shopping there b/c of her aversion to such (she would be so disappointed in me :laugh:).
    I wonder how long she kept that up since other stores followed suit shortly thereafter.
    I totally understand staying away from a company b/c of their decisions, but being consistent with it can be all-consuming since companies that make money usually have profits first and prostitute themselves to get them, like the educational system has also done (teacher of 5 different decades so I've seen & lived during the change).

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No, you’re not. I buy a company’s products because I like them and that’s it.

So if you liked a product from a company that openly stated that they put a great deal of money and influence into taking away our second amend rights you would happily buy their products thus giving them more support and capitol. Good for you and stand by your convictions.

Top Bottom