• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorta. The 4-4 tie means the injunction remains in place. However, it also means important parts of the order are subject to revision, including the scope. Would've been good to have some direction from the court.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorta. The 4-4 tie means the injunction remains in place. However, it also means important parts of the order are subject to revision, including the scope. Would've been good to have some direction from the court.
    Nah, more better without direction. You can make it up as you go along. POTUS doesn't have to follow the rulings of a lower court, if the lawyers from the DOJ can ignore a Federal District Court judge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obama speaking/berating us now, says Supreme Court move on immigration "takes us further from the country we aspire to be"

Who's this "we"?

The plan is to divide and deride.

This is just more division. And more derision.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Obama speaking/berating us now, says Supreme Court move on immigration "takes us further from the country we aspire to be"

Who's this "we"?

I'll give him this, he's good at berating. The derision in his voice is classic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think it is truly pathetic that the court votes along party lines the way it does. They are not judging on constitutionality, they are judging on pure opinion.

I always find it refreshing when a vote ends with more than 5(or 4 now) of them agreeing on something.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Article I Section 8 give Congress not POTUS the power to regulate immigration. Long standing SCOTUS cases affirmed that power.
    You have 4 members of SCOTUS that have no regard for the Constitution.

I would also point out the original Court had 6 members.

Top Bottom