• stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I think I did OK.
    11 used AR mags for $55
    Built another AR for $450 out of parts I got there(3 and counting now).
    New T-shirt @ Michael Z Williamsons booth
    Got interviewed by Channel 6 news as I got outside.

Last edited:

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought the ammo prices were high, and I'm sure glad I got the Commie rifles I do have into the stable before prices went up on Obamascare. I got a Case penknife, some airsoft ammo, and a few shell boxes. Time to start reloading I guess. :ar15:

Eye candy not too bad, no blasts of body odor either. Oh, and I did pay up for site supporter.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    We need to all make it a point to wear our INGO hats or something so we can recognize each other there. This was not my favorite visit to the 1500, but it beat a sharp stick in the eye. I was hoping to find someone selling Duracoat, but had no luck there. At the last couple of 1500s there was a table with $399 WASR-10s and if I had found one this time, I'd have probably picked one up, but no luck. In January, I found a $150 Finnish Mosin that has turned out to be a great shooter but did not find anything great this time.

I did end up with a couple of spare mags for my P238 though. I had a choice of factory for $49 or aftermarket for $26 and when I got home and compared the aftermarket to the factory, cannot see a difference other than who's name is stamped in the bottom. I have to check the name to see which is which, so I'm happy with those.

I wore my INGO hat Friday but didn't see any other members with hats on.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I bought a New M&P9c for $479.95 from 21st, a guy a few aisles over was selling the same gun for $620! :n00b: Personally I love the 1500, great fun and some amazing deals if you look hard enough.

O ya and I bought this freaking sweet T-shirt that says "got NFA" on it! :rockwoot:Thanks to Corey at SSNFA for that! :yesway:

Professor Thump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Indy
    I got CCI small pistol for $34.99 + tax.....

My only problem is that I think I have a problem with my wallet when I go into the 1500. I think it has a hole in it. I always come out with very little money in it.

Where did you find primers for that price? I paid $38 for CCI's and $40 for Rem Large Pistol Primers / 1000. I cringed at the price. I knew it was too high but my new .45 Sig 1911 is hungry and I need to feed her.

:draw:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This handy little device could serve double duty.

pat_on_the_back_1.jpg

Wow, INGO just solved the chronic problem of back hair!:ingo:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I went Friday around 6:00 and had a good time. It was busy, but not shoulder to shoulder. Picked up a set of Badger grips for my S&W 686 for less than I could get them for online-and I was actually looking for a set the past couple of weeks, and couldn't make up my mind between Rosewood or Black Dymondwood. I got to look at both of them in person.

Got Ciyou's Second Edition of Indiana Handgun Law. The Second Edition is a vast improvement over the first in the way it's organized.

Overall, I like it, and had a good time just looking at stuff. The 4 bore elephant gun was impressive.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fenway's original post might be a 'joke', but I do despise travelling/attending events at the State Fairgrounds in its current location. (and likely permanent location)

I would love to see it moved (about/around). But, I think I've stated this before.

In previous thread I would like to see FIVE Indy 1500 shows in the course of a year, traveling around the periphery of the Indy Metro area, perhaps in "Lugnut-tightening, star/criss-cross pattern". Of course that's just me, but these areas would seem to ME to fit in better with the actual target market that peruses the show, versus the more inner-urban location it now is held at.

I have no idea of any good venues in these particular locations, mind you, but I like the idea of pushing it out for a variety of reasons.

picture5xf.png

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ended up going with my FIL on Sunday morning. My baby girl was fussy, so stayed home with my wife (so, no stroller). I wasn't too terribly impressed with prices on much of anything, so left empty-handed. If I was shopping, rather than browsing, I might have looked harder.

Talked with the guy @ Johnson Safes for a bit, and will likely go order one in the next week or so. He's the only one that noticed my INGO hat :ingo:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Price of admission is too high, $3 to park, beef jerky, airsoft, no good deals, babies in carriages clogging up the isles, it was too hot, it was too crowded, the nut guy burned them this time, it's not like the old days, ammo prices way too high, Raven Concealment forgot their kydex etc etc etc

:D

I'm just joking but I always see these comments pop up after a 1500. Where else can you find that much guns and gear under one roof for 3 days. I always enjoy it even if I don't find anything to buy :ingo: :twocents:

+1 i just love going to gun shows for something to do for a few hours even if I dont plan on buying anything.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I broke down and finally after about 8 years of shows, bought two turtles, they were amazing. I did get an yugo sks for $230, not too bad in todays prices. I also got one of the metal targets and after talking with him for a while he gave me $10 off!

The craziest part of the show is the differences in prices. You can see see the same firearm on 5 different tables with 5 different prices! The sks I got was the cheapest but I saw some over $400! I also saw a sigma for over $400, but they were pushing the $50 off rebate

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Anyone notice the old guy and his wife Sharpening knifes on the north end? First time I've seen them. I had him sharpen my benchmade for $4. It is awesome sharp! I suck at sharpening and have tried all the devices for doing so. From now on I'm bringing him my knives every quarter. Well worth it.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Anyone notice the old guy and his wife Sharpening knifes on the north end? First time I've seen them. I had him sharpen my benchmade for $4. It is awesome sharp! I suck at sharpening and have tried all the devices for doing so. From now on I'm bringing him my knives every quarter. Well worth it.

LOL! yeah he will put an edge on that will make you bleed out. I have since learned how to put an edge on myself.

obhie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    After years of saying I'd go i finally broke down and went Friday afternoon. As others have noted the prices were all over the place. There was one guy that had some decent prices on some Saigas. All in all it was fun.

I was one of the brave/foolish ones that parked on the street behind one of the lots. i expected my truck to be minus a window or two when I left.

Did anyone else notice that the ATM was down? That had to hurt business.

Top Bottom