• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    We have a local incident of trans-racial identity: https://www.indystar.com/story/news...st-satchuel-cole-lied-being-black/3486542001/

636357375143055435-BOB-0188-2.jpg

"Satchuel Cole, a highly visible community leader advocating for racial and social justice in Indiana, has apologized for misleading people about Cole's own race, saying "I have taken up space as a Black person while knowing I am white."

Cole — who uses pronouns they/them — worked with Indy10 Black Lives Matter and Indy SURJ, apologized and admitted lying in a social media post. Cole, who also was active in the LGBTQ community, did not respond to multiple phone messages and emails from IndyStar this week.

"Friends, I need to take accountability for my actions and the harm that I have done. My deception and lies have hurt those I care most about. I have taken up space as a Black person while knowing I am white. I have used Blackness when it was not mine to use. I have asked for support and energy as a Black person. I have caused harm to the city, friends and the work that I held so dear," Cole posted on a Facebook page under the name Satch Paige."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It seems in all of these recent instances of people pretending to be black, once you see their picture it's obvious they are white.

I don't know how anyone could look at this broad and not think, "that's a white lady."

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It seems in all of these recent instances of people pretending to be black, once you see their picture it's obvious they are white.

I don't know how anyone could look at this broad and not think, "that's a white lady."

**laughs in Shaun King**

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If white was the privileged race, wouldn’t people be pretending to be white?

They used to call that "passing" when light-skinned blacks tried to "pass" as whites. Now it's more fashionable to "pass" the other way (whites pretending to be black).

It's not unlike the alleged "wage gap". If there truly were a wage gap between men and women, wouldn't all companies want to hire women to the exclusion of men so they could pay them less?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They used to call that "passing" when light-skinned blacks tried to "pass" as whites. Now it's more fashionable to "pass" the other way (whites pretending to be black).

It's not unlike the alleged "wage gap". If there truly were a wage gap between men and women, wouldn't all companies want to hire women to the exclusion of men so they could pay them less?

You are using "logic" which is a feature of White Privilege. Analytic thought is rejected by many in favor of feelings.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As time goes by I wonder what's left that people won't do to be on social media. It was different back when people wanted to be on tv as there were limited spots and people had to do really crazy or entertaining things to be seen. Now it's like filling cable channels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom