Not open for further replies.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Lolzville:
    "The senators didn’t even give it a try, and as much as they may not be the sharpest knives in the legislature, even they know that you can’t criminalize cyberbullying by defining it as cyberbullying."

The NY electorate is being played for suckers. I wonder if they even care. Though, from their tax structure, they apparently subscribe to Canada Bill Jones's Law:

"It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Better headline:

"Miss America Holds Its Last Pageant"

A likely goal.

I remember when I was a kid, my mom was the one watching Miss America pageants. Sure, seeing attractive women compete for attractiveness is a reason why men might want to watch it. But while my mom watched the pageant, dad was pittering around in the garage. I think those pageants are more for women than for men. And I think the intersectional feminists hate that.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But while my mom watched the pageant, dad was pittering around in the garage. I think those pageants are more for women than for men. And I think the intersectional feminists hate that.

Same in my household growing up...Dad would only watch it if a Kentucky or Indiana girl got into the finals...He treated it like a boring sporting event that is kind of cool if a local girl would do well in the finals....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We all knew that Miss USA was the one to watch with it's looser bathing suit standards and lack of pretense....non-coincidentally, formerly owned by......

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...safety_in_hiring_air_traffic_controllers.html
    Tucker Carlson: Obama Administration Put Diversity Over Safety in Hiring Air Traffic Controllers

It's Tucker, so the presentation might lean a bit towards hyperbole (at leaast I hope so)

The Obama administration pressured the FAA to meet abstract diversity goals. Nobody bothered to explain why diversity is a relevant criterion for air traffic controllers. No one will explain it now. We called the FAA today and we got silence when we asked that question, which is the most basic question. But it didn't matter.
    Starting in 2014 the FAA added a biographical questionnaire to the application process. Applicants with a lower aptitude in science got preference over applicants who had scored excellent in science. Applicants who had been unemployed for the previous three years got more points than licensed pilots got. In other words, the FAA actively searched for unqualified air traffic controllers. That is insane and they knew it was insane when they did it but they did it anyway.

Today we obtained new information, it is an internal email written by an executive at the firm that devised the FAA's biographical questionnaire. In that email, the executive admits that the test he devised has nothing to do with finding the best air traffic controllers. If you want good air traffic controllers, find people with experience, that was his advice. The FAA ignored this and used the biographical screen anyway. They didn't care about finding the best air traffic controllers. Compared to diversity, your safety meant nothing to them.

Insane Social Justice gonna be insane, I guess

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...safety_in_hiring_air_traffic_controllers.html
    Tucker Carlson: Obama Administration Put Diversity Over Safety in Hiring Air Traffic Controllers

It's Tucker, so the presentation might lean a bit towards hyperbole (at leaast I hope so)

Insane Social Justice gonna be insane, I guess

Employees and contractors do what the leadership says, that's pretty much how things work. And most of the time when leadership makes bad decisions, they aren't accountable. I've seen this in the private sector since I started working so I can't imagine it's any different in the public sector if not worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not seeing a lot of hyperbole there. Tucker's one of the good guys, IMO.

The hyperbole part may be where Tucker tends to tell just one side of it, and he tends to make the one part he tells sound like the most important part. You wouldn't be able to notice unless you found an independent source for the story that tells the whole story.

Something that comes to mind that I think an honest review of this policy would try to state, is the competency test actually replaced by the diversity test. It's implied but not explicitly stated. So is there a diversity test, and then after the diversity test, do you have to take the competency test? I don't know. But that's important to know to decide how upset I'm going to be about it.

So, I'm either going to be somewhat upset that they're including diversity as a test for a job, when the test should be primarily concerned about competence. Or I'm going to be outright ***damn pissed that they've utterly replaced the competency test with the diversity test, which will endanger people's lives.

I don't know which to be after Tucker's segment, because he didn't really answer that question. He mostly presented it from a "you should be ***damn pissed" perspective, without making a clear case for that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A bit breathless but contains a lot of specific info and secondary sources. CTI is the Collegiate Training Initiative mentioned in the other article. These guys sound like they have an axe to grind but should have good inside information

CTI- What's the FAA up to?
    Exposing FAA Corruption & Discrimination Against Veterans and Students of All Races

We have to find a way to address Congressional inquiries without
    hurting our case when it comes to litigation

Molly R. Harris – FAA Deputy Administrator

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://nypost.com/2016/01/03/the-quota-driven-drive-to-make-flying-more-perilous/
    The quota-driven drive to make flying more perilous

Take the case of Andrew Brigida. Born and raised in Mahopac, a hamlet 30 miles north of Manhattan, Brigida’s family moved to Arizona, where he attended Arizona State University. He signed up for the university’s air-traffic-controller major. In May 2013, he earned two aviation-related B.S. degrees and took the demanding, eight-hour computer-based Air Traffic Selection and Training
    exam; he scored 100 percent.

ASU sent his name to the FAA with a recommendation that he be hired.

Then he waited. And waited. In late January 2014, he received an e-mail. “Dear Applicant,” it read, “The [FAA] is implementing changes to improve and streamline the selection of [air-traffic controllers]. Your standing in our current applicant inventory is being impacted by these changes.

“Specifically, the current applicant inventories, including your application, are in the process of being closed and will no longer be utilized . . . Any prior application that you submitted will no longer be considered.”

In other words, his test scores — once good for three years — were invalid and he was at the back of the line. He wasn’t alone; 2,000 to 3,000 other highly qualified applicants got that news and had their names “purged” by the FAA. Late last year, as the lead plaintiff in a federal class-action lawsuit, he sued the FAA and other Obama administration agencies and officials.

The FAA didn’t just dump Brigida and his fellow applicants; it also abandoned a decades-old, rigorous hiring process. Beginning in 1995, the feds collaborated with universities and colleges to create accredited degree programs, such as the one at ASU where Brigida graduated. Thereafter, the FAA gave a hiring preference to veterans, those with CTI program degrees, references from administrators, and high test scores.

The change came after an all-but-unnoticed announcement by President Obama’s new FAA head Michael Huerta, in May 2013, of his intent to “transform” the agency “into a more diverse” workplace.
    That was accompanied by a suspect analysis that purported to show women and minorities as “underrepresented.”

In December 2013, the FAA began its new hiring process, discarded its long use of the difficult cognitive-assessment test, and implemented instead a new, unmonitored, take-home personality test — a Biographical Questionnaire.

Many of these sources date to within the Obama administration. Looks like Tucker is on to something

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://nypost.com/2016/01/03/the-quota-driven-drive-to-make-flying-more-perilous/
    The quota-driven drive to make flying more perilous

Many of these sources date to within the Obama administration. Looks like Tucker is on to something

Well. Sure. But did the person who got the job instead of him also score 100? If so, I'm not as upset as I'd be if the guy doing the job, getting paid now, scored less.

Given what the social justice warriors tell us, that there's no such thing as intelligence; that IQ tests were created by white males to oppress people of color, I'd say it's quite possible that they'd accept a lower competency score to gain diversity.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The third source indicates they abandoned the rigorous test altogether and replaced it with the diversity essay test

In December 2013, the FAA began its new hiring process, discarded its long use of the difficult cognitive-assessment test, and implemented instead a new, unmonitored, take-home personality test — a Biographical Questionnaire

If the information is correct, it is hard to see how the person who got the job instead could possibly have an equivalent score if he never took the test

The worst interpretation, if the accusations that aptitude and relevant experience were ignored are true, is that they simply moved to hire 'diverse' candidates as the primary goal

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom