• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Okay. I can see falling on *really* hard times, and having overextended yourself on a home, in a situation like this for a few months and needing a little help. FOR A FEW MONTHS, not 10 years!

This makes me sick. It also makes me upset, and makes me think:

I live in a reasonable <$110k home and work multiple jobs. Maybe I should (sell or default on my home, whatever) go up to Lake James and buy a mansion, quit my job and apply for government assistance. Seems like I would be financially better off.

Wait, wait, wait. I am not a dirt bag :rolleyes:, and I will not accept handouts. I guess that will keep me from getting ahead.:xmad:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Instead of only blaming the people abusing it, also put the blame on a broken system. If you would have read the article, the people listed their address and nobody ever checked on the house. A simple check and they would have been denied.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Our corrupt Federal government always benefits the rich.

It isn't about benefiting the rich. It is about having loopholes that anyone can exploit and not having any system of checking to see if applicants have actual need. If you were willing, you could start taking advantage of the system tomorrow. Just the way the system works.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Our corrupt Federal government always benefits the rich.

Huh...

Not quite the way I see it. I see it as they are the Group being pounded the hardest by Our Uncle Sam the Sodomite. You do realize they are the Group who are footing the Largest Amount of the Governments Bill?! :popcorn:

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Exactly why even China has said we (the United States) need to cut down on social welfare programs

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Exactly why even China has said we (the United States) need to cut down on social welfare programs

American Politican: Yes I'm all for cutting social welfare programs as long as it's not mine you want to cut.

American Public: Yes I'm all for cutting social welfare programs as long as it's not mine you want to cut.

Yeap never gonna happen. :rolleyes:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I heard McCain this morning give bullet points on the potential compromise for the pay roll tax. One item listed was those earning a million dollars would no longer be eligible for food stamps :n00b:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    John Galt is a character in a science fiction novel. Hope that answers that for you so you don't have to keep ending every single post with it.

Relax there sepe, I know who John Galt is. Have you read the book? Do you understand the statement. Fictional or not, it was a great novel that put a good story to the same, non-fictional worn path of tyranny and government oppression. I wasn't aware that I was "ending every single post" with it (I don't), but apparently it bothers you enough to comment on it. Maybe I should end all of my posts with something catchy by Aesop to gain your approval, huh? ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Have you read the book? Do you understand the statement. Fictional or not, it was a great novel that put a good story to the same, non-fictional worn path of tyranny and government oppression.
    Really...
    Huh...

I found the Book to be Mediocre at best, I just do not understand the Cult Following the Book has. :dunno:

Top Bottom