• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've lost count of the dumbass libs that I've debated politics with who think Castro is a great leader. Free healthcare, yada, yada, yada. While at the Dry Tortugas this past week, I got to see how great ole Fidel really is. It can be said that the greatness of a country can be measured by whether you have to build walls to keep others out or to keep your subjects in.

The next time one of these dumbasses tell me what a great leader he is, I'm going to show them these pictures and demand they ride in these same boats 90 miles to Cuba.

KeyWest225.jpg

KeyWest227.jpg

The second picture shows the drive train for the boat on the right in the top picture. Our tour guide said that 10 adult men road that boat 90 miles to get here. She said we have a wet foot/dry foot policy. If they make dry land, they get asylum. She said others will pay $10k to cram with 29 other people on a go fast boat to get here.

If you have it so great where you are, would you risk your life on one of these piece of crap boats to get here?

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    The liberals can say that they love Castro and his Communist lifestyle, imposed on an imprisoned ppulace....because the libs/lefties live in FREE society where opposing viewpoints are allowed. If you subjected those very leftists to THAT type of a society, they wouldn't last a minute. They need to read this and remember:

Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The liberals can say that they love Castro and his Communist lifestyle, imposed on an imprisoned ppulace....because the libs/lefties live in FREE society where opposing viewpoints are allowed. If you subjected those very leftists to THAT type of a society, they wouldn't last a minute. They need to read this and remember:

Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Great movie and a great quote. Unfortunately, Jessup was complicit in the murder and cover-up of the homicide of a man whose only crime in the fictional story was that he possibly had a medical issue preventing him from measuring up to Marine standards. If they really are the few and the proud, I would think that the Marines would embrace the fact that some, even many men and women cannot measure up to the standard. Note that this is not a slam against the USMC, just against the actions of the fictional colonel in "A Few Good Men".

Once again, great quote. I just wish it had been said by someone of virtue.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom