• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Here is a great quote from Alexis de Tocqueville included in the first chapter. Sound familiar?

“It covers the surface of society with a network of small complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting. Such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd.”

ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    I'm 3 chapters into it and loving it. I'm all for repealing the 17th and imposing term limits. I like his podcasts also.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I'm 3 chapters into it and loving it. I'm all for repealing the 17th and imposing term limits. I like his podcasts also.

I agree. I prefer the podcasts to the live radio because it takes less time to listen to the whole show and I don't have to wade through advertisements to get to the content.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mark Levin defends acts of treachery like the "Patriot Act," national prohibition laws, the War on Terror, and establishment cretins like Newt Gingrich. He said he would cast 2 votes for Gingrich to avoid voting for constitutionalist candidate Ron Paul in 2012. Mark Levin slams Ron Paul caller » The Right Scoop

The Treachery of Mark Levin the anti-American
    In addition to torture, Marxist Levin has defended policies for renditions, the Patriot Act, the creation of DHS, warrantless wiretapping and email and internet snooping, government agents writing their own warrants, destruction of habeas corpus and due process, preemptive warfare, and nuclear first strikes. Marxist Levin’s positions lead toward the goals of consolidating ever more power over finances, economy, production, people's incomes, media, people's privacy, internet use, telephone conversations, email, wiretapping without warrants, federal police authorized of write their own search and seizure warrants - no judge, constitution be damned, power over peoples' spending, people's health, education, warfare, invasions, authority to detain people indefinitely with nebulous classifications like "detainees" "enemy combatants" enemy noncombatants", authority to use torture, renditions, fake trials by military tribunals relying solely on multiple degree hearsay evidence without right to counsel or to review evidence or to confront witnesses or to subpoena, geometrically progressing debt impossible to pay, and on and on. These precedents have already been established thanks to the support of Mark Levin and other false conservatives. Can people not realize that these precedents established with the help of Mark Levin can now be and will eventually be used against gun owners and gun rights supporters, tax protestors, pro-lifers, and every other group categorized as a conservative interest. It is the power itself that is the danger, not who or how they wield it.

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Okay Rambone, so because good ideas are brought to the table you aren't going to back them because of the author? Problem solving like that won't get you far. We all need to get behind this and support it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Okay Rambone, so because good ideas are brought to the table you aren't going to back them because of the author? Problem solving like that won't get you far. We all need to get behind this and support it.
    It is just the typical response. If you can't argue the facts you attempt to destroy the other person's credibility.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

A national constitutional convention is a deadly idea. It will open the door for this treacherous lot to repeal anything they want. Surely you guys don't trust the most unpopular congress -- perhaps ever -- to rewrite the constitution?

pitbull88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    West Lafayette, IN
    A national constitutional convention is a deadly idea. It will open the door for this treacherous lot to repeal anything they want. Surely you guys don't trust the most unpopular congress -- perhaps ever -- to rewrite the constitution?

Rambone, Your reply is precisely why Levin's work is so important--so many, like you, misunderstand the constitution, or have chosen to selectively interpret it. The Constitution can be amended without any intervention from Congress. Rather, two-thirds of the state legislatures can call for a Constitutional Convention, and ratify with a super majority three fourths of state legislature vote. (Constitutional Amendment Process).

Unfortunately, our education system must not have covered that in Civics classes. When will the sheep wake up?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Rambone, Your reply is precisely why Levin's work is so important--so many, like you, misunderstand the constitution, or have chosen to selectively interpret it. The Constitution can be amended without any intervention from Congress. Rather, two-thirds of the state legislatures can call for a Constitutional Convention, and ratify with a super majority three fourths of state legislature vote. (Constitutional Amendment Process).

Unfortunately, our education system must not have covered that in Civics classes. When will the sheep wake up?

You trust state legislatures any more than you trust the federal legislature? The federal government is what it is because it's representative of the people. It's not its own entity.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Exactly right. I would point out the libertarian talk show host Mike Church has been arguing for this step for several years.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    You trust state legislatures any more than you trust the federal legislature? The federal government is what it is because it's representative of the people. It's not its own entity.

The federal government is distant and made up of representatives who, for the most part, do not represent the people. The state governments are closer to the people and have to be more responsive. One of the few bright spots in the 2012 election was Indiana electing Mike Pence. He is a good man, and I trust him to do the right thing. Also, national elections are tilted by the electoral college and a few large states with a lot of electoral votes that have gone blue. However, there are still two-thirds of the states that are not solid blue. So for those of us who believe in the Constitution and want to restore it, this state's convention is a viable way. Maybe the only way.

I agree that we all need to get behind this. As I said, it may be our only method to save this country. It will take time, and needs to get started now.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

You get behind Markie Mark.

I'll keep my Constitution as-is as no flaw lies with it. Flaw lies with those in power who ignore, deride, and abuse it. But I would die to preserve it, as it is a document worth preserving.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The federal government is distant and made up of representatives who, for the most part, do not represent the people. The state governments are closer to the people and have to be more responsive. One of the few bright spots in the 2012 election was Indiana electing Mike Pence. He is a good man, and I trust him to do the right thing. Also, national elections are tilted by the electoral college and a few large states with a lot of electoral votes that have gone blue. However, there are still two-thirds of the states that are not solid blue. So for those of us who believe in the Constitution and want to restore it, this state's convention is a viable way. Maybe the only way.

I agree that we all need to get behind this. As I said, it may be our only method to save this country. It will take time, and needs to get started now.

Texas seems to be the standard of liberty to many here. Do things like this from the Texas state legislature still give you hope in the state legislatures fixing the federal government through a constitutional convention?

Why Texas Bans the Sale of Tesla Cars

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I'm kind of torn on the issue. I really like his ideas but at the same time if that is the road we take the liberals might take that same road and we could end up worse.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm kind of torn on the issue. I really like his ideas but at the same time if that is the road we take the liberals might take that same road and we could end up worse.

I'm not against the con con idea. I just find it laughable that the tyrants running states are any better than the tyrants running the federal government. There are some good ones no doubt. But any sufficient numbers to sway the convention our way? I've got the deed to the Brooklyn bridge. Any interested buyers?

Top Bottom