• ...and so much more!
  • AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Air America Goes Off the Air

Air America Radio, a progressive radio network that once aired commentary from Al Franken and Rachel Maddow, said Thursday it is shutting down immediately.
    The company founded in April 2004 said it ceased airing new programs Thursday afternoon and will soon file to be liquidated under Chapter 7 bankruptcy. It began broadcasting reruns of programs and would end those as well Monday night.
    Air America said 10 consecutive quarters of declining ad revenue and the difficulty of making money on the Internet contributed to its financial woes.
    "The very difficult economic environment has had a significant impact on Air America's business. This past year has seen a `perfect storm' in the media industry generally," the company said in a statement on its Web site.
    The network had some 100 radio outlets nationwide.
    Franken, a Democrat, hosted his own show from 2004 to 2007 before going on to become a U.S. senator from Minnesota last year after a close election. Maddow went on to host her own TV show on MSNBC.
    FOXNews.com - Air America Goes Off the Air

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I used to listen to the drivel on that network. I like to hear the arguments from the left, to better counter them. Nothing but insults, unsupported assertions, and jokes about W's intelligence. Randy Rhodes is certifiable, and most of others are just angry and stupid. Listening to them call Bush stupid was such a joke on them.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I used to listen to the drivel on that network. I like to hear the arguments from the left, to better counter them. Nothing but insults, unsupported assertions, and jokes about W's intelligence. Randy Rhodes is certifiable, and most of others are just angry and stupid. Listening to them call Bush stupid was such a joke on them.

I agree.

For the couple of years I had Sirius I would sometimes listen to "Left" radio. I could only take about 60 seconds of the endless cursing. Entire shows were made up of callers yelling curses about how President Bush is a war criminal. :rolleyes:

The language was terrible. People don't want to listen to that trash.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    ...and the abject commercial failure of Air America is exactly the reason the Left would loooo-ove to see the Fairness Doctrine reinstated. Their ideas don't pay, so they want to compel others to air their ideas for free.

Top Bottom