The Light and The Darkness - New (to me) Kimber!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    So I picked up a Kimber today. I don't think I am going to keep it long as a friend offered me a healthy price on it, but here's a quick photo. It's a basic Kimber Custom II with stock sights, slim Micarta grips, and an aftermarket magwell. The magwell looks really nice and fits the gun extremely well. I didn't have an opportunity to fire it but it's the first Kimber I've owned. I've shot them before and I still like my Detonics a lot more but Kimber makes a good gun.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone photo.

Clicky - vvv

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nice gun. Too bad you may not have it too long. I have a feeling that if you take it to the range, you may start putting off the sale for a while. :):

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Don't get me wrong, I've shot Kimbers before and they do make a fine gun. I just don't really have a need for another 1911 right now. Yes, you can say it's blasphemy, :): but this was kind of an impulse buy. I've got other things I need to save $$$ for. It makes it really easy when you have a friend who is dead set on only getting a Kimber and is offering you $100 more than I paid...if he asked me how much I wanted I would have sold it to him for what I paid. :dunno: :D :popcorn:

Oh well next time I go out his beers will be on me :cheers:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Each to their own, shoot what makes you happy and you feel comfortable with. Could be the most expensive or the cheapest. If you are comfortable with it and trust it, carry it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Don't get me wrong, I've shot Kimbers before and they do make a fine gun. I just don't really have a need for another 1911 right now. Yes, you can say it's blasphemy, :): but this was kind of an impulse buy. I've got other things I need to save $$$ for. It makes it really easy when you have a friend who is dead set on only getting a Kimber and is offering you $100 more than I paid...if he asked me how much I wanted I would have sold it to him for what I paid. :dunno: :D :popcorn:

Oh well next time I go out his beers will be on me :cheers:

Nothing like a great investment! :rockwoot: I bet your 401K didn't make $100 today! :laugh:

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Nothing like a great investment! :rockwoot: I bet your 401K didn't make $100 today! :laugh:

That's more than my 401(k) has EVER made! :laugh: I guess i should quantify that by saying I don't have one :D

Edit -
    Well I was digging around in the box and found a receipt from Elmore's indicating whoever bought this pistol first traded in a Detonics Scoremaster for it! That's really, really eerie. I may keep it after all, perhaps that was a sign :):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom