• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I've always wanted to see this one happen and they put this up. I'm not shocked but definitely surprised. Can't wait to see part two!

[ame]http://youtu.be/gfiXFyIbOZw[/ame]

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Tag for round 2!

I don't feel too bad. The ruskies made a few billion of them I think (exaggerating a bit).

The same kinds of tests are what most rifles go through prior to acceptance (high pressure proof loads).

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If one of his homemade loads doesn't do it I wonder what they will come up with to finish the job. I think my favorite part was the cinder block stomp with the stock. I've really come to like these guys and their videos.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    it's fascinating in the same way a demo derby is fascinating.

Ultimately the rifle will be destroyed for the entertainment factor of something outrageous being done, not education on the built-in safety margins (over-engineering) as the video maker pretends. This is evidenced by a part 2 existing. Simply blowing up the gun and the resulting shock factor is the primary goal. Myth Busters wannabees.

I have to admit that I was proud to see the old Mosin take the abuse given, but cringed. He claims he likes Mosins in the video, but obviously has no respect for them. Probably that way with women and other things in life, too!

Les

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well I can't say Im the authority on the moss pawn guys but I do watch their videos on a fairly regular basis, and I dont think a lot of what you said rings true...... but in the end, they are making money at it, and probably a fair amount. ;)

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    well I can't say Im the authority on the moss pawn guys but I do watch their videos on a fairly regular basis, and I dont think a lot of what you said rings true...... but in the end, they are making money at it, and probably a fair amount. ;)

Fair enough!

Cheer's,

Les

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    They've done torture tests before, it's nothing new and they are a safe distance away. They use an EOD type suit for anything up close and dangerous. This however, wasn't that bad.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    They've done torture tests before, it's nothing new and they are a safe distance away. They use an EOD type suit for anything up close and dangerous. This however, wasn't that bad.

If the rifle blows up, I am sure they will get pieces flying everywhere.
    The first time they pulled the trigger, it wasn't even secure.
    Not how I would do it.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't don't think it will fail!

Just a personal gut feeling but considering how overloaded they've done it so far I'm not sure they will get a failure. Although I also am not sure what they will do to get it to fail. Those old battle rifles are pretty tough. One thing I would not do though is stand directly behind the rifle in the event the failure blows the bolt back. Gee I wonder if I can apply what I have learned in Physics and make some kind of prediction...

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    They will make sure it fails next time.

Pack a 7.62x54R cartridge full of Bullseye and beat the muzzle end on the concrete block the way they did with the butt. Then fire that puppy off. It will fail, proving nothing - but amazing the majority of video viewers. I can picture Beavis and Butthead saying "Cool, he he he"!!!!

Top Bottom