• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    i'm going to assume that over a hundred views and no comments means no one read past the words "mind control"... so sad.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    whew, that's a whole lotta reading for something I find to be only kinda interesting.

anyone interested in issuing a summary?

ZombiePanda

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    whew, that's a whole lotta reading for something I find to be only kinda interesting.

anyone interested in issuing a summary?

The article basically says that, while the US has gone to great lengths to protect the various hardware/software components of it's information network (particularly in the military), it has almost completely neglected the human aspect of the information system. It goes on to say that other countries, most notably Russia, are actively pursuing avenues of research designed to manipulate or destroy the human ability to process information, or to effectively control/destroy the cognitive process, via acoustical, electromagnetic or gravitational waves. It is claimed that some of these methods could potentially be deployed on a wide scale against target populations through water supplies, media broadcasts, or the internet.

It recommends that the human element be factored into the U.S. "information warfare" model as a potential weak point that needs to be protected from attack. The article points out that some nations, and especially terrorists, would have no compunctions about using psy- or psychotropic-warfare against U.S. targets if the means were available, regardless of international treaties or conventions.

It was a good read. Thanks for posting it, indyjack.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Thanks bub, +1 to you.

I question weather many have cognitive abilities to disable.
    Of course I'm not one to talk, complaining about reading.

Maybe I'm unknowingly a test specimen.:tinfoil:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The problem is that the article gives no actionable focus, so it loses me. Let's say that the Russians or the CIA or whoever have a zombie-mind ray right now: the overall effect on my life is the same whether I know about it or not because there are no means that I can learn about, buy, or have the funds to research to disable it or reduce its effects. There are waaay too many problems that I can act upon for this to be more than mildly interesting.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    basically, the same way that a video game can cause a seizure in some people by flashing bright lights at certain frequencies (or intervals), the mind can be put into most any state simply by manipulating that frequency, whether it be audio (music/radio/etc), video(tv and computer flicker rates), radio (audio/electromagnetic waves), microwave (cell phones/wi-fi/smart meters/etc.), or combinations of all of the above. have you ever seen someone freak out when there cell doesn't work right...? or when the internet, or the satellite is down...? or when they don't have a t.v. going?(it's been a long known fact that television hypnotizes us. how much easier is it now that they practically made us get HDTV? and most of us ran to the store. we couldn't wait to get one!)...
    i think we're already being affected in ways we don't understand, and have little to no protection against(except to get far away from it all). but even that may not work. anyone ever heard of HAARP? they can do some crazy s*** with those radio towers. but i'll save the craziness for another thread...:tinfoil:....... :):

Top Bottom