Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Let's just say I won't be buying her book anytime soon.

I have 1,000 different responses running through my head and none of them are friendly.

The part that killed me was when she said that her relationship is better with her kids because she ditched them and their dad. I wonder what their opinion is. Sure she goes to the ballgames and such, but come on! Selfish...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if they are a piece of **** then whether they stay or go, they will still be a piece of ****. better the kid is away from the piece of **** in my opinion. Id rather have one great parent who isnt with someone whos a piece of **** than to have 2 parents who always make the family suck because of the one bad parent. just my opinion

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Eh, I can relate. Tremendously. I do not like being a mother. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I very likely would choose not to become a mother. The irony is that this is probably far more common than anybody thinks. But look at the responses we get for being honest. Other women do not have the strength to deal with that kind of condemnation. I'll just tell you to go to hell. I'm content with where I am regarding this issue and nobody's opinion changes anything anyway.

The difference between me and the woman in the article though is that I don't need to fabricate some asinine excuse to justify a wrong decision. I won't quit my responsibilities just because the going gets tough or it's not my ideal set of circumstances. Selfish in that regard I am not.

Besides, I have the pleasure of raising the world's next great evil super villain complete with his own "secwet wabwatowy" (he can't say Rs or Ls). How much fun am I going to have? :D :rockwoot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wow...not me, man. I love being a mom.
    If I could have had a bunch more, I'd have done so in a heartbeat.
    But I'm content that my girl has such a close knit group of friends that all call me "mom", too.
    (They might as well...they practically live here. I'm trying to find a loophole to claim them on taxes :D)
    I enjoy being a part of their lives in that capacity (especially since some of them don't really have "moms") and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Eh, I can relate. Tremendously. I do not like being a mother. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I very likely would choose not to become a mother. The irony is that this is probably far more common than anybody thinks. But look at the responses we get for being honest. Other women do not have the strength to deal with that kind of condemnation. I'll just tell you to go to hell. I'm content with where I am regarding this issue and nobody's opinion changes anything anyway.

The difference between me and the woman in the article though is that I don't need to fabricate some asinine excuse to justify a wrong decision. I won't quit my responsibilities just because the going gets tough or it's not my ideal set of circumstances. Selfish in that regard I am not.

Besides, I have the pleasure of raising the world's next great evil super villain complete with his own "secwet wabwatowy" (he can't say Rs or Ls). How much fun am I going to have? :D :rockwoot:
    I can relate to this i was raised by my grandmother whom lived with us because my mother, didnt like being a mother, still love her dearly though, thats just the way she is, on the other hand my wife is more like jet very much enjoys being a mother and wants to be a mother to all children.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I can relate to this i was raised by my grandmother whom lived with us because my mother, didnt like being a mother, still love her dearly though, thats just the way she is, on the other hand my wife is more like jet very much enjoys being a mother and wants to be a mother to all children.

My sister in law just literally sold her kids to their dad. She signed away all legal rights for 8,000 dollars. :puke:

At the same time this is kinda hypocritical because when men just leave it's accepted and he is often pushed out by the mom.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No greater joy in life than being a father. My job is to train, protect and provide. Greatest job in the world. Being a grandfather is the second best job. Noting could ever make me give up my kids. I married their mother before we had sex, have kept my marriage vows, and raised my kids to do the same. So far, they have.

Best thing that OP mother ever did was to leave. At least she made it possible for a responsible adult to train, protect and provide for her kids. The kids know what a fool she is, and how much pain she caused them. They may be able to forgive, but they will not forget. The pain of a lost mother cuts too deeply to be forgotten (I saw its impact on my grandkids when their mother died)—especially when the woman chose to act like a female dog in heat rather than take care of her own kids.

Dante wrote about a special section in a very warm place for Judas Iscariot (read his Inferno). If he was correct, this birth mother deserves a place right beside him—unless, of course, she makes things right with her maker before the end.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have absolutely no respect for someone that walks out on their responsibilities to their children. Being parents isn't about us or what we want for ourselves.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've seen this happen to people I've known, something happens and they just leave thier families. Not something I could do even if I was unhappy as I believe that you have an obligation that comes with being a parent. It usually involves an attraction to something or someone that they see as more exciting.:dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    When my ex wife decided marriage wasn't for her (after having 3 boys), I kinda felt like I was being pushed away from my sons. I don't get to spend every day with them now, but ya know what? They have grown now and they "get it" that their mother is not quite all there. My life, and my raising my sons would have been a lot easier if she would have just left. Myself and my wife do the majority of the "bringing them up", as "real mom" is usually too busy to help out. Damn I really wish she would have ditched us! Oh and by the way, that wacky ***** can say whatever she wants, those kids will never forget her actions.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I pray your son never reads this.

It's quite possible that your description contains 1 too many *'s

I see what you did there.:):

Necessary Evil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I am very much in agreement about the hypocracy of it all. It's never OK when either parent leaves, but we make a bigger deal of it when it's the mother because it is far less common. As mentioned in one of the earlier comments, one could love their kids dearly but not enjoy the parenting aspect, and really hate the responsibility. But I think that once you have a child, you are responsible for the child. If you were a cat, you're off the hook in a couple of months, but since you're human, you're in for at least 18 years, whether you like it or not. Unfortunately, having kids has become more about conceiving them and delivering them than about raising them and caring for them. I can't see how she could have a good relationship with her kids unless she means better than she did before (she would have had to be a terrible mom before she left)

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I have seen mom's and dad's that felt that way and stuck around and made a far worse mess of the whole family .better if they were not there at all .no easy answers to this kind of problems keep the evil ones away from our loved ones and pray that that your children are not "tainted" by this kind of selfishness

Top Bottom