• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    Yeah, I just checked what the republicans said and went opposite. :rolleyes: There's no chance that I looked at the issue and came to a different opinion than some others, even withing the libertarian community. I am actually on the same side as most conservatives and republicans on this issue. At least according to the polls.

Conservatives Like Net Neutrality, Poll Shows
    http://www.udel.edu/cpc/research/fall2014/UD-CPC-NatAgenda2014PR_2014NetNeutrality.pdf

I was kidding about that part, the main point is that you definitely didn't just check with the libertarians when you decided which side to take on this issue as jamil alluded to some here doing. I've never seen anyone on libertarian pages say what you do here, not without getting screen capped by SSS or SIOTD anyway. And I'm not saying you're a statist, just that those pages would.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Tax money going to expand internet access to underserved communities has been going on for over 10 years or so. This is just another expansion of it. The government gave out billions to the ISPs and got virtually nothing for the "investment". The ISP got rich and not enough people got access to internet to justify it. Just a continuation of the giveaways.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This proposal is largely about protections for consumers. The internet doesn't belong to the ISP companies. It belongs to us as it was developed with tax payer dollars. The GOP is on the wrong side of this matter. Follow the trail of campaign contributions from major ISP's to republican politicians and ask yourself their motivations. I haven't voted for a democrat for a long damn time. I understand how Washington works and I am as disgusted as any of you by it. Bottomline, they (GOP) are wrong and have purposely mislead the American public on the intent of Net Neutrality.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The subsidies will go to the companies who support the correct politicians.

That's all the big names in internet service. They've been giving out millions, for years, to get their way. This is just another payday for them. They've already raked in a few billion already and done nothing they were supposed to do for it. This won't be any different.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If a business says it's data is unlimited then that's what it should mean. AT&T got caught committing fraud. They deserve to be penalised for it, and I'm an AT&T customer. Fraud is fraud.
    I'm not sure I agree with you. They never limited how much someone could use, just how fast it was.

Did they tell people that their speed would be reduced after a set amount of data was used? If they did as they say they did, then this is silly. If they hid it from people, maybe there is merit to the claaim.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure I agree with you. They never limited how much someone could use, just how fast it was.

Did they tell people that their speed would be reduced after a set amount of data was used? If they did as they say they did, then this is silly. If they hid it from people, maybe there is merit to the claaim.

Avoid reduced speeds with unlimited data plans - AT&T Wireless

Expand the "reduced speeds" section.

Reducing data speed (data throughput) and network management are common practices in the wireless industry. How we are managing the network only affects a small minority of the heaviest smartphone data users still on unlimited data plans - more than 97 percent of our smartphone customers are not impacted by this.

I've still got my grandfathered unlimited plan

Top Bottom