• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I got to coonfinger one of these at Bradis yesterday. I really like that they have held to the more traditional design. Thoughts???

Beretta_90Two.jpg

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    1. That picture is HUYUGE.

2. How is this a measurable improvement on the original? I am unfamiliar with it...but it looks pretty much the same eh?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Oh good grief, here--how's this??? :D

Fantastic.

It seems there are some changes, longer sight radius, 1913 type rail under that cover... pretty neat.

People will say "You can never get holsters" but the good holsters are custom anyhow so, dont let that stop ya.

For my money, I would get the "Type D" version.

I love the DAO berettas.. smooth.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I had a 96D and while it functioned flawlessly & was extremely accurate, I didn't like the double-action only. The long trigger pull was difficult to master. It was hard to gauge when the hammer was going to release. I sold it at the 1500 a little over a year ago for quite a bit more than I paid for it. I really miss not having one though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I want to shoot one of the 90-Twos... Just to say that I have.

I think that it could certainly make a mighty fine bedside gun, too. Plenty of real estate on that rail for a light/laser/bayonet/grenade launcher.

My mother-in-law has a 96D Inox..former Ohio State Police pistol. It's immaculate!

-J-

Cstar23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Very nice, I have seen some pictures of these on the beretta forum where the flats on the slide are polished for a two tone look, very sharp looking.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    How is this a measurable improvement on the original? I am unfamiliar with it...but it looks pretty much the same eh?

The biggest advantage would be the dovetail front and rear sights, no need to send the slide to tooltech anymore to get night sights etc.

For my money, I would get the "Type D" version.

I love the DAO berettas.. smooth.

I love the DAO berettas, the nicest I have felt, i've owned several over the years.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I got to coonfinger one of these at Bradis yesterday. I really like that they have held to the more traditional design. Thoughts???

pssst... they're not all that new. ;)

I find all the other Berettas that show Giugiaro Design's influence to be dog ugly, but for the most part I like the changes made in the 90-TWO (we pronounce it "ninety-dash-two" to prevent confusion with the 92 series). My one gripe would be the mono-grip design, which precludes the use of the bazillion different types of 92 grip panels out there. If you want to keep the rail, buffer, dovetailed front sight and 17-round magazines of the 90-TWO but want interchangeable grip panels, I suggest you look at the new(er) 92A1.
    92A15.jpg

That said, if you like the 90-TWO that much, I'll make you a smokin' deal to get rid of the one we've got in-stock... :)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I bought one in .40 about 4-5 years ago. They've been around for about 6-7 years now. I love mine but a few things to take note of:
    The cover over that rail is garbage, it looks good but doesn't stay on and will break soon after buying.
    You will be able to find holsters that fit...sort of. There won't be any that fit well, none will fit with the rail cover on...
    The guide rod is plastic and sucks, accuracy will suffer until it is replaced.
    Another note about holsters...Beretta makes holsters specifically for this gun but will not ship them to the USA and Beretta USA won't sell them.
    I know I've posted this pic a few times before, but this thread seems perfect. These are my two favorite toys in the box and I absolutely love this picture (I have no idea how I out it to turn out so well).
    S5006885.jpg

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    +1 to shooter521 about the mono-grip....but it does feel good in my hand.

ETA I think the PX4 is a few years newer and utilizes the rotating barrel design from the Cougar? Whichever one that stoeger now makes, I think it was the cougar.

Last edited:

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    I like the slide on it, but the lower half throws me off. I have both a Beretta 92 and a Beretta 96 and love them both. I don't think I like the lower. Is that like a polymer frame like Taurus guns or what is it? Kind of reminds me of rubber. I like the all metal frame from my other Berettas and am hesitant to go back to a polymer frame.

Top Bottom