• ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    UHOH!!
    both hickok45 and GoldenWebb on YouTube have a video with the new python. Both have the same occasional problem where the action runs but the cylinder doesn’t turn....

glad I didn’t just buy one at 500-1000 over MSRP. I still want one but may wait to hear what the response is from Colt. It’s possible that they got the two bad ones out of batch but I need to see this play out a little longer. I want one that is right.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    UHOH!!
    both hickok45 and GoldenWebb on YouTube have a video with the new python. Both have the same occasional problem where the action runs but the cylinder doesn’t turn....

glad I didn’t just buy one at 500-1000 over MSRP. I still want one but may wait to hear what the response is from Colt. It’s possible that they got the two bad ones out of batch but I need to see this play out a little longer. I want one that is right.

What strikes odd to me is that in both videos, both cylinders stopped turning, but then somehow they begin to work again & everything seems fine. I wonder if it’s a lack of lubrication issue, where the paw is sticking due to being too dry.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    UHOH!!

If this were during double-action shooting, it sounds like it could be short stroking. This wouldn't be uncommon for someone used to shooting S&W revolvers. I'll have to watch the video.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If this were during double-action shooting, it sounds like it could be short stroking. This wouldn't be uncommon for someone used to shooting S&W revolvers. I'll have to watch the video.

That's what I thought too but it looks like it first did it with single action, as pointed out likely the pawl sticking for some reason.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Short Stroking? That just sounds awful.
    Thank God I will never have that problem. :):

Well, I finally got mine and I couldn't be happier. :yesway:

sosOa3g.jpg

Oh wait.... That's not a Python..... That's not even a Colt....
    Well, at least this one actually shoots and the action is REAL buttery smooth. Not like that lump of Parkay you guys are fondling over. :p

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That's what I thought too but it looks like it first did it with single action, as pointed out likely the pawl sticking for some reason.
    After watching the video, I agree. Looks like either the pawl is sticking or worn to the point of failure. It could actually have broken to a degree. Colt revolvers have, in the past, been considered a bit fragile in that area, i.e. timing. I would hate the old brand to die out, but I have little sympathy with the management of Colt, especially in the way that they have treated private civilians. Dead Duck looks like he has found a superior replacement!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m really hoping that Colt gets this right. I’m no Colt fanboy but I do want to see them turn out a good Python if for no other reason than I hate to see a company try to build a desirable gun and stumble in the process.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    While it seems the new guns are having a couple of "teething" issues, they seem to be pretty solid and the triggers, by reputation, seem to be better than the originals!

Colt is going to sell a lot of these!

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I’ve been casually calling all of the stores in the North Indy area up through Noblesville. Nothing yet. Although I think I want to wait on the 4.25”

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    These have been having all sorts of problems and colt new about them before they released them. Light strikes and failures to rotate on top of cosmetic issues and poor crowns. Definitely save your money and wait for version 2 or the recall where colt takes them back and makes them how they advertised (functioning). One of the more extreme failures where the cylinder fails to rotate can actually be seen in the colt video here (https://youtu.be/u9erYCGjmi0?t=100) Timestamp is 1:40 - 1:45. Lower the running speed to 1/2 or so and watch the guy in the camo jacket pull the trigger 5 times and the cylinder only rotates 4.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Small update, Goldenwebb released a video stating Colt may be recalling from the distributor his shop bought the one he has from. Completely conjecture until they release a statement or more distributors can verify, but there's hope Colt might be doing the right thing after doing the wrong thing...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm sure it'll get sorted out, i'm still going to buy one. It's a brand new gun it's not unheard of to discover some issues. Sig had the P320 and then the early issues with the P365, Glock had issues as well, remember the 17M, even S&W when they introduced the 586/686 had a recall on the first ones.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    1st run of anything is risky. Goldenwebb is a tw*t.
    Ill buy a new Python when it gets sorted out.

MSRP is 1500. Heard dealer is 1250.

It aint the old Python. No kidding. And the new Corvette aint the old Corvette.

People are friggin stoopid.

Vent rib stainless 357. Get the new Python or buy a Taurus.

Its just a .357.
    Not a bad looking one either.

Intend to shoot the crap out of one.

Top Bottom