• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • holmes54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    My question is what does everyone here think will be they next hot long gun? We all know the AR15 is hot now but what will be next.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't think the AR-15 buying craze is going anywhere anytime soon, but generally I think the next new gun will probably whatever gets issued to the troops as an improvement to the M4/M16 series rifles. Whether it's the SCAR or whatever, the next big thing has always been and will always be whatever the troops are using and in that caliber.

Specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if the next big thing isn't the SCAR or something similar in some little hybrid caliber that's bigger than a 223 and lighter than a 308.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I don't think the AR-15 buying craze is going anywhere anytime soon, but generally I think the next new gun will probably whatever gets issued to the troops as an improvement to the M4/M16 series rifles. Whether it's the SCAR or whatever, the next big thing has always been and will always be whatever the troops are using and in that caliber.

Specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if the next big thing isn't the SCAR or something similar in some little hybrid caliber that's bigger than a 223 and lighter than a 308.
    This^
    JMO. Also I think the 458 SOCOM will gain more poularity in Indiana for deer hunting. Alot of people are also wanting the HK416s. I know we have had several people in at work looking for the Ruger no.1 in 460 also.:twocents:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm not even going to try to guess what the military might do. Something gas piston driven is probably a safe bet. I understand the desire for a cartridge with a bit more barrier penetration ability like 6.5 or 6.8 mm, but we have to convince the rest of NATO. Whatever the AR's successor might be, it's going to have to offer some significant quantifiable advantages in a number of areas to justify the switch (LOTS has to go on to make it happen). No easy task.

Regardless of what direction the military takes, the AR has had a long run (the longest of any American service rifle) and will remain around in civilian circles for all of our lifetimes and probably our children's as well.

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    I don't think the AR-15 craze is going anywhere anytime soon, but I would have to another very poplular long gun is the springfield M1A1. just a thought

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I don't think the AR-15 craze is going anywhere anytime soon, but I would have to another very poplular long gun is the springfield M1A1. just a thought

M1A is mostly hope. Everyone wants one and thinks they are the greatest weapon ever until they fire it. Loudest most awkward firearm I have ever owned. Will have to say it is definitely a killing machine just not very well thought out. Super dooper heavy 2!!!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think it will be awhile before the AR craze is over. Just to sweet a weapon to move over for something else. But there will always be something newer an better, so who know's only time will tell

Top Bottom