• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    I got this link in an email today, to a pamphlet the NRA want's me to print and distribute.
    http://graphics.nra.org/chriscox/ILA_FastFuriousFactSheet.pdf

I hate it. Bold type is my opinion of each "fact" on this "fact sheet"

1.The Obama administration illegally helped traffic over 2,000 guns to violent Mexican drug cartels.
    Not proven. So far the executive branch seems to have little to no involvement.

2.U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered by Mexican criminals with guns they received through Fast and Furious.
    This appears to be true.

3.The Obama administration used Fast and Furious to bolster its false claim that 90 percent of guns used in Mexican drug crimes come from the United States.
    No evidence to prove this statement.

4.Obama’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) leaned on U.S. gun shops to sell guns to known buyers for Mexican drug cartels.
    When does the United States of America get their BATFE back?

5.Obama’s Assistant Attorney General, Lanny Breuer, lied to Congress when he claimed that BATFE never knowingly allowed the sale of guns to known buyers for Mexican drug cartels.
    This one I didn't know. Does the attorney general's assistant belong to Obama?

6.The Obama administration armed violent Mexican drug cartels and endangered American lives to push a gun control agenda.
    This was already stated in 1 and 3. 1+3=6

7.The Obama administration deliberately used guns trafficked through Fast and Furious to make the case for implementing an illegal gun registration scheme in four U.S. border states.
    Proof is desired!

8.Despite congressional subpoenas, Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder has refused to turn over more than 90 percent of the vital documents that pertain to this scandal.
    Close enough to truth.

9.Obama invoked “executive privilege” to help Eric Holder conceal Fast and Furious documents from congressional investigators and the American public.
    This statement seems true, but is still here say.

10.On June 28, 2012, a bipartisan majority in the U.S. House voted to hold Eric Holder in criminal and civil contempt of Congress. Eric Holder is the first U.S. Attorney General ever to be held in contempt of Congress.
    O.K.:yesway:

I am an NRA member, and this mishmash of half lies makes me feel ashamed. 40% information is not enough. I expect better from someone
    who purports to defend my rights.

Am I the only one who is confused what the purpose of the NRA is?
    Heck, some of this could be considered libel.:n00b:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The NRA told me all I need to know when they sat for 6 years with a supposedly 2A friendly government with their thumbs up their rear ends when they should have been pushing for a repeal of a lot of nonsense. It told me that just like the Jacksons and Sharptons, they realize they will be off the gravy train if the problem ever gets solved.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well, you're right that it's propaganda. But I don't think that a lobbying organization needs to wait until they have documented, verifiable, hard and fast (or fast and furious) proof that will stand up in a court of law before they try to convince people that Obama has to go. If this were the standard, most of the left's political ads (ok most political ads) would never run.

Clearly the NRA wants Obama gone.
    And so do I.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I expect better from someone
    who purports to defend my rights

You need to look at the forest and stop focusing on individual trees. We have thread after thread about conceal carrying. That would not exist without the NRA.

Like any organization, the NRA is always looking for ways to rally support. It's not cheap to have the army of lawyers that they have. They need donations.

If a few half truths are what bring in the $$$$ then so what? It is very apparent that they are doing VERY good, tangible things with that money. You don't have to agree with every single e-mail to still support the overall mission of an organization.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You need to look at the forest and stop focusing on individual trees. We have thread after thread about conceal carrying. That would not exist without the NRA.

Like any organization, the NRA is always looking for ways to rally support. It's not cheap to have the army of lawyers that they have. They need donations.

If a few half truths are what bring in the $$$$ then so what? It is very apparent that they are doing VERY good, tangible things with that money. You don't have to agree with every single e-mail to still support the overall mission of an organization.

You mean to say that Fenway didn't build INGO? :):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, you're right that it's propaganda. But I don't think that a lobbying organization needs to wait until they have documented, verifiable, hard and fast (or fast and furious) proof that will stand up in a court of law before they try to convince people that Obama has to go. If this were the standard, most of the left's political ads (ok most political ads) would never run.

Clearly the NRA wants Obama gone.
    And so do I.

So who is the NRA endorsing for president?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I object to the use of the word fact. If you are going to employ an ends justifies the means strategy don't refer to it as fact. Otherwise, standard propaganda - not a dirty word.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1.The Obama administration illegally helped traffic over 2,000 guns to violent Mexican drug cartels.

Proven. If you say "not proven" then you believe the whistleblowers are lying.

How are the whistleblowers lying?

3.The Obama administration used Fast and Furious to bolster its false claim that 90 percent of guns used in Mexican drug crimes come from the United States.

No evidence? How many statements do you require?

Before Fast and Furious many members of the Administration and Media (but I repeat myself) went on and on about 90%.

4.Obama’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) leaned on U.S. gun shops to sell guns to known buyers for Mexican drug cartels.

January of 2013.

5.Obama’s Assistant Attorney General, Lanny Breuer, lied to Congress when he claimed that BATFE never knowingly allowed the sale of guns to known buyers for Mexican drug cartels.

Yes.

6.The Obama administration armed violent Mexican drug cartels and endangered American lives to push a gun control agenda.

Fast and Furious guns were used to kill Mexican politicians, Mexican cops, Mexican citizens and American cops and over 1,000 are still unaccounted for.

7.The Obama administration deliberately used guns trafficked through Fast and Furious to make the case for implementing an illegal gun registration scheme in four U.S. border states.
    Proof is desired!

The e-mails? The fact that there is now a MSR/3310 requirement for FFLs in four states?

What further proof do you desire?

9.Obama invoked “executive privilege” to help Eric Holder conceal Fast and Furious documents from congressional investigators and the American public.

Here say? You mean hearsay? By hearsay do you mean speculation?

No, it is not hearsay. Obama invoked executive privilege for Holder. How is that hearsay?

I am an NRA member, and this mishmash of half lies makes me feel ashamed.

It is not a mishmash of half lies.

Heck, some of this could be considered libel

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. What is untrue?

What you have claimed is incorrect, is correct.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I got this link in an email today, to a pamphlet the NRA want's me to print and distribute.
    http://graphics.nra.org/chriscox/ILA_FastFuriousFactSheet.pdf

I hate it. Bold type is my opinion of each "fact" on this "fact sheet"

2.U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered by Mexican criminals with guns they received through Fast and Furious.
    This appears to be true.

Proof is desired!

8.Despite congressional subpoenas, Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder has refused to turn over more than 90 percent of the vital documents that pertain to this scandal.
    Close enough to truth.

10.On June 28, 2012, a bipartisan majority in the U.S. House voted to hold Eric Holder in criminal and civil contempt of Congress. Eric Holder is the first U.S. Attorney General ever to be held in contempt of Congress.
    O.K.:yesway:

I am an NRA member, and this mishmash of half lies makes me feel ashamed. 40% information is not enough. I expect better from someone
    who purports to defend my rights.

Heck, some of this could be considered libel.:n00b:

Is that you Eric Holder?

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Kirk,

1. I haven't seen the whistle blowers testimony. Are there signed statements?

3. The 90% is not what I question. I question conspiracy to bolster the 90%.

4. Oh, good. Thanks.

7. I haven't seen these emails. I have heard of them, and a lot of the talking
    heads didn't seem to think they were much more than in office gossip.
    If this is deliberate conspiracy then what can we do?

That law is definitely F'd.

Hearsay, yeah I get caught with that one a lot. It's too close to heresy,
    and I know that is not what I mean and couldn't think of speculation at the time.

You're right, again my intent isn't quite expressed properly.
    I meant, there are a lot of charges on this list. Yet, Obama is still in the
    white house. If he purposely invoked ex. privilege to hide conspiracy and not
    national security he belongs in prison, and definitely not in the white house.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    You mean to say that Fenway didn't build INGO? :):

Nope, Obama did!!!! :laugh:

youdidbuild2.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. It is testimony in front of Congress.

3. Again, the whistleblowers tell of the conspiracy to bolster the 90% argument. How are the whistleblowers not telling the truth?

7. If you have not read the e-mails, why not read them and then see if the NRA propaganda is "weak and annoying"?

Perhaps it would have been a more effective ad for you if the NRA ad contained endnotes?

I am just confused that you would excoriate the NRA without being familiar with the fact pattern of Fast and Furious. What gives?:dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am just confused that you would excoriate the NRA without being familiar with the fact pattern of Fast and Furious. What gives?:dunno:

I am confused as to why you are confused. In your experience, when has the left needed "facts" to attack the right? Ever watch the evening news?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Birds, valid point.

I guess if people get their news from traditional news (ABC, NBC, CBS [even though CBS gave F&F more play]) there is a smaller chance that you fully understand Fast and Furious.

Top Bottom