0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see the end game of this similar to NK, lots of talk but in the end they'll test a bomb. What they do after they test it is anybody's guess, but I'm betting they will simply sit on the capability. Somebody will sell the Saudis some bombs shortly afterward and they'll test one.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That article said nothing like what you implied. In fact it said about the opposite. They'll be allowed to enrich non-weaponisable elements for scientific research and medicine. In exchange, they'll shut down other centrifuges and still be liable for inspections.

You're right. Iran is a beacon of trust. I'll believe every word they say.

And those inspections are A-OK... but only if they aren't snap inspections.

And any agreement made won't be in writing... so no interpretation can take place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/25/w...clear-deal-while-iran-favors-general-one.html

Last edited:

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I see the end game of this similar to NK, lots of talk but in the end they'll test a bomb. What they do after they test it is anybody's guess, but I'm betting they will simply sit on the capability. Somebody will sell the Saudis some bombs shortly afterward and they'll test one.

Likely not much. Iran wants the bomb so they will be mostly untouchable from our intervention. And we will politely ask the Sauds if we can install some missile silos on the Kingdom after that happens. The fundamentalists over there will be thrilled with that, given how they feel about US boots on the Kingdom.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    If and when Iran develops a warhead, with or without a delivery system.

Saudi Arabia will fly a jumbo jet full of cash to Pakistan and buy one of their own.

then the race starts

Man, I should get paid for this stuff
    line #83

Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan - BBC News

http://world.time.com/2013/11/26/saudi-arabia-considers-nuclear-weapons-after-irans-geneva-deal/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-go-nuclear-because-of-obama-s-iran-deal.html

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With their cash no reason why the Saudis should screw around with 60 year old tech, double down and pick up some good two stage stuff like B83 or W76.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For some reason, that article missed the actual (not threatened) release of sensitive info about Israel's nuclear capabilities.

Probably because it's not a big deal nor nearly as sinister as some want to make it out to be.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Well yeah, but I'm not in favor of Israel being able to censor American governmental documents that are able to be released under the FOIA.

I would think that if they were able to censor American documents............then it wouldn't have been released

Top Bottom