• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think he is one of the two candidates most likely to nominate "original intent" justices. That is valuable. He can still propose and champion such legislation while in the White House.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Came in thinking, "let's see what stupid reason he came up with"... Then I saw what you meant. I agree to a certain point. He gets my vote for president though. Too bad he won't get the republican nomination.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Any bill requires the president's signature to become law....which isn't going to happen it. He needs to get the votes to over-ride his veto. The republicans are impotent with control of both houses. They can't get anything done at all. I won't hold my breath.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's why I was hoping for a Perry (or equivalent) presidency...keeping both Cruz and Paul in the Senate. We need as many strong and principled representatives as we can get.

I wouldn't give any of the current gov's still running the time of day.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I am behind Rand, but at this point I just don't see it happening. I knew it was a long shot to begin with, though. So now I am hoping for a Cruze/Paul ticket. I would be so enthused about the upcoming elections then. But if it's Trump I can't vote for him.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I prefer Cruz from the current batch. I cannot vote for Bush, or the other liberals, but I could vote for Trump. He has enough sense to gather quality people around him to run the administration. Of course, I am not convinced he will nominate judges who will enforce the Constitution as written; but I think he will do better for us than anyone the Dems put up.

I know, it sound like the old "hold your nose and pull the lever" scenario; but I think Trump is a step above that level. Maybe just be dreaming, but I think Trump will do us some good.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    I truly believe rand paul would be a awesome president. I really don't understand that many so called " patriots" or conservatives would be against a man who stands firm for the constitution! I like Cruz also but really believe Paul is a much better candidate! Just my opinion, let the verbal beatings begin!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think it's the opposite. He talks above a 5th grade reading level, which means he talks over most people's heads. His arguments and rebuttals are sound. Most people, however, don't understand what he's saying. He would need to dumb it down to be a serious POTUS contender. It sucks, because he's the best candidate out there, but he's not a serious contender because of this.

He won't become potus. He doesn't know how to communicate effectively when he is angry/flustered.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I truly believe rand paul would be a awesome president. I really don't understand that many so called " patriots" or conservatives would be against a man who stands firm for the constitution! I like Cruz also but really believe Paul is a much better candidate! Just my opinion, let the verbal beatings begin!

Rand is a staunch opponent of the hammer of big government. A lot of conservatives like thems a big hammer, but just to use on different people. For example, being against the war on drugs is blasphemy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rand is a staunch opponent of the hammer of big government. A lot of conservatives like thems a big hammer, but just to use on different people. For example, being against the war on drugs is blasphemy.

When he had the chance, he supported Mitch McConnell over Matt Blevin when Ol' Mitch's senate seat was up for grabs. I hate to be the one that deflates Rand's saintliness somewhat but he's another politician----like all of them are.

Top Bottom