• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Whatttt????. your last post was "Which 3D printer should I get..." and now you're posting that you've acquired one. You missed a step in the process. What happened to I'm going to order (insert printer brand/model here) ?

What is it?

Ended up with a Prusa Mk3s kit, building it as we speak!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    This, I mean it took me two years. :): Seriously, go back to the first few pages. lol

Awesome Caleb. We'll be looking forward to your prints, pictures and progress!!

Taking pictures of progress along the way....I can say that this machine seems well built!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Taking pictures of progress along the way....I can say that this machine seems well built!

I am looking forward to the pics. Good thing about building a kit is you will know the machine really well when you are done. You will love it.

And hello JJ!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've actually been working on a lot of projects for MRRF. I've also been sidelined with a buyout of our company, so I am glad i started in December when I did.
    Some is not 3d printed, and 2d only...

I made a decapicat coffee table book, and some shirts to go with it. I made a couple logos and banners for some attendees.
    I modeled and printed a few prints to show off at MRRF, though mostly to razz other attendees or youtubers...

Modeled and made some maker coins... even came up with a marble maze coin where kids can run a ball bearing through a maze run. and made some Hoosier Club coins, where fellow hoosiers can pick them up at our table... can't miss us. We'll be the HOOSIER CLUB table. IMS wing and wheel with hoosier club inset in it.

I'm happy... I'm caught well up, and finding new things to do for mrrf

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Currently have a tinge of jealousy......

Meanwhile I have finally located component orientation information for my printrbot Play v2 kit and intend to start assembly soon.

View attachment 74788

Sorry, I don't mean to make anybody jealous... :P

Congrats! May all your prints be successful and come out as smooth as silk.

They are coming out smooth, but had a mishap when printing a benchy(boat)...the roof kinda caved in and cause the boat to be unstuck with the bed. Oh well, still pretty cool looking.

I am looking forward to the pics. Good thing about building a kit is you will know the machine really well when you are done. You will love it.

And hello JJ!

I suppose I can upload some pictures tonight...if I can remember, so you might have to remind me.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm currently trying to convince I need a fellow ingo'ers lulzbot TAR 6....i....so......need it! Lol

I'm having another with my prusa....and it's probably not because of them, but my computer will not detect the included SD card so I can transfer gcodes from my PC to the printer.

Now I have to find another way to send my projects to the printer....

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm currently trying to convince I need a fellow ingo'ers lulzbot TAR 6....i....so......need it! Lol

I'm having another with my prusa....and it's probably not because of them, but my computer will not detect the included SD card so I can transfer gcodes from my PC to the printer.

Now I have to find another way to send my projects to the printer....

What partition is your SD card? I have never had an issue with fat32. NTFS and EXT32 seem to have issues with my reader.

As for the other printer, I have 3 so you will get no resistance from me! :lmfao:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    What partition is your SD card? I have never had an issue with fat32. NTFS and EXT32 seem to have issues with my reader.

As for the other printer, I have 3 so you will get no resistance from me! :lmfao:

yeah typically fat32 is the way to go... the more generic the better when it comes to 3d printers so far as i can tell

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's a cool way to look at it!

Being a subtraction machinist most of my life...
    (Taking a block of material and 'Subtracting' from it to get what I want)

I'm more that a little interested in addition manufacture.

I have a couple lathes and a mill. And I can honestly say it is just as satisfactory to watch a part build as it is to watch metal disappear. It is all cool though.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Looking forward to being at mrrf again this year. Hopefully I go home with that gmax that 3d printing nerd is giving away.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We will see how this afternoons Dr appointment goes. I have a disk out and I am not getting around very well. I really want to go! I will give a heads up here ahead of time if I am going to make it.

Top Bottom