• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    CM would have loved US 60 last night they had the “straight axle mafia” running about 20 old timers.

Me and they wife just ran TnT she is struggling with the launch. Attempting to leave at 1300 then roll into it. Seems like she bogs or smokes the tires. I have her a set of M/T street S/S for daily use and Hoosier drag radials and skinny fronts for the track.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Don’t know anybody saw this earlier in the CZickness thread…. Not looking good for our guy.

It's with great sadness that I let people know that our great friend Tim (CM) took a turn for the worst Sunday and he no longer knows what’s going on. Most likely has gone to his brain. Please pray for Tim and Cindy's family during this time. I personally already miss his opinions, knowledge, humor and friendship. We all have been truly blessed by him. :(

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Absolutely. The first Camaros and Mustangs had straight-6’s. Hmmmmm….

Imagine a ‘69 base coupe camaro with a turbo 4200 vortec. :drool: :drool: :drool:
    You are right about the first ones. As I remember, about the only way to get them above 85 was driving down a hill, for 100 you had to push it off a cliff. '70 to '72 was really the sweet spot. Anything near 500 ftl bs of torque was top of the hill.

It is amazing how much horsepower and emission technology has refined since the mid 70's.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Don’t know anybody saw this earlier in the CZickness thread…. Not looking good for our guy.
    Dammit that sucks. I hate how so many truly good people are lost to cancer. It's just something I will never understand and is really hard to accept.
    We never met in person (I truly wish we had) but had many private conversations and I'm truly blessed to have known him in that manner. It was always a pleasure to listen to his advice and to hear his hot rodding and racing stories. We grew up and came of age in different times but we sure as hell trampled a lot of the same dirt and enjoyed many of the same things.
    Prayers for Tim and his entire family and his host of friends who will miss him. Go easy Tim, hopefully we can meet someday on the streets of glory. Dammit it's dusty here in my garage

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's already been said, but I also really wish I'd been able to meet CM.
    I've had the opportunity to meet him personally as well as have him visit me at my home. My respect for him is extremely high and I enjoy hearing his stories of his varied racing endeavors. I'm not ashamed to say that when he is no longer able to take part in this forum my time here will be greatly reduced.

I took a self-imposed hiatus a while back and after some time decided I wanted to have a limited cloaked presence on the forum, so I created a new member name and dove back in on an extremely limited basis. It wasn't long before my new screen name created a bit of controversy as some things tend to do on INGO. Texkev contacted me and asked if I'd consider changing the name because although he didn't have an issue with it, he had had several notifications that it was "offensive". He told me he wasn't telling me to change it but instead asking me to change it willingly. I responded in my typical fashion "tell the whiners to bite the big one".

Several days later the Mouse contacted me about it, and I changed it for him because I didn't want to cause him any grief over it.

Not too many people on this earth I would have done this for.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    For those that didn’t see. He did pass earlier today. INGO lost a legend.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For those that didn’t see. He did pass earlier today. INGO lost a legend.

Oh man...This place will not be the same anymore. RIP Tim. I'm glad I got to shoot with you, clean guns with you, visit you in your home, get an infraction and plenty of good advice and camaraderie the years.

We will mourn your passing but take comfort in knowing that you suffer no more. Rally up other shooters in Heaven and share your knowledge of all things 1911. I know I will think of you whenever I shoot mine.

Top Bottom