Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry CM, the days of buying old vehicles for $20 are long gone... :stickpoke:

Ha..........I find these old trucks all the time just not in the market. 1K will get you a fair project. Usually runs.
    The shortbed might fetch $1500 but the no engine thing regardless of the dime a dozen Vortec is no deal at that money.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I know, people are asking stupid prices for these projects... They are getting harder to find, but not everything is worth a whole bunch... Oh the other hand, a properly built pickup these days is bringing really good money, you just have to spend double that to get there. ;)

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Info for you car lovers, two car shows/cruzes coming up in Seymour. This Saturday, June 25 is "Cars & Guitars". This car show has been going on for probably 10 years plus. Several of the downtown Seymour streets are closed, the cars are brought in and line both sides. Over the past few years there are anywhere from 200 to 300 cars. At 7PM, there is a live concert till about 9/10 PM. LOTS of very nice cars. website carsandguitarsofseymour.com, The money raised from this show pays for playground equipment for the physically challenged kids at City Parks.

The second is the Seymour "Scoop the Loop" cruze and car show. The car show is on Friday, August 26. This show is a fundraiser for the FOP Cops and Kids Christmas shopping program. Officers and their families take about 60 kids and spend $100 bucks per child on Christmas presents and provide each family with a Christmas meal.
    Lucas Oil has sent a lot of give aways, and several local businesses have donated door prizes. I think we will have somewhere around 100 cars(+-). There is scuttlebutt there may be more cars, but this is the first year for the car show. Fraternal Order of Police 108 is the official facebook page .

On Saturday evening, August 27th, Scoop the Loop takes place. This was a local weekend traidition where people/teenagers drove a loop around a 4 block radius through downtown Seymour. It ended in the early 90's for various reasons. It was revived as a social gathering, live band and renewing old friendships. Again, there are a LOT of nice cars that come into town. Fraternal Order of Police 108 is the official facebook page. Check out the Scoop the Loop facebook page for photos from previous years.

If you have questions, feel free to email me. wva3470@yahoo.com
    Bill

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Are you going to Dynamat the entire floor..??
    Just remembered that I forgot to answer your question. I usually don't Dynamat the entire floor. I used it on most of the firewall to block some heat and engine noise. I put a couple sections on the roof to cut down on the tin sound, same in the quarters and doors. I'm going to ask our interior guy what the best solution is on the floor. He will be installing the remainder of the interior.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I like this better than that white one.

67 c10 short bed

Not at that price, but I would like to have one of those. My childhood friend's dad worked at a Chevy truck plant and got a '67 stepside 4WD, standard trans truck and later had a 350 put in it after the 283 crapped out.(the rest of the story is he finally got caught doing all these backroom deals at the plant and was fired)

My friend and I spent years plowing snow with it, off-roading in northern MI and other general mayhem. He finally gave it up about 3 years ago to a father and son who were going to restore it. It will be a huge project, but the good part is, it is all there from the interior to the original 17"(I believe) steel wheels.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's reasonable, but I'm skeptical that it would get to 425 HP net (normally aspirated).

It was not out of reach to see a realistic 525 crankshaft HP number on the dyno with a tuned 427 tri/power. The potential was there with the factory parts. A set of good headers really unleashed the demon.
    The 454's easily made these numbers.
    I spent so much of my Misguided youth under the hood of the cars we dream of owning now.
    A COPO Camaro would lay down some insane rear well power numbers with a set of Hookers and a proper tune. The howl still haunts my soul.

My favorite one was a real SC Cobra. Killer side pipes and the bellow that side oiler made was deafening.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was not out of reach to see a realistic 525 crankshaft HP number on the dyno with a tuned 427 tri/power. The potential was there with the factory parts. A set of good headers really unleashed the demon.
    The 454's easily made these numbers.
    I spent so much of my Misguided youth under the hood of the cars we dream of owning now.
    A COPO Camaro would lay down some insane rear well power numbers with a set of Hookers and a proper tune. The howl still haunts my soul.

My favorite one was a real SC Cobra. Killer side pipes and the bellow that side oiler made was deafening.

I remain skeptical until I see the numbers on the dyno myself (or video)!!

I'm stubborn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom