• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Village Bottle Shoppe in West Lafayette had some 10%.

It was too much for me.

I think I would drive 45min to go try it. I Love NYFRB. I only drink one or two at a time because of the sweetness. But its good brew. Another great one is Brads Hard Root Beer (Petosky Brewery) if your up in Mi.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait, wait, wait. You purchased it, drank it, and it was "too much for" you or... it was simply too expensive to pick one up at the time?

Too much punch. Money was not the issue.

Another great one is Brads Hard Root Beer (Petosky Brewery) if your up in Mi.

I have a direct line to Michigan (mostly Grand Rapids breweries) and will have to try this.

I just had Mitten for the first time last weekend. Even got a bottle of Mitten's whiskey.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I forgot to post these here. There are our last two Bike & Brews, narrated by a fellow INGOer.

View From The Porch: How I spent my Saturday...

I really enjoyed the Confessional IPA by St. Joseph, the Buffalo Jacket IPA at Outliers, and the Fist Full of Hops at Sun King.

View From The Porch: Pedal & Pub II: Electric Boogaloo

Here I LOVED the Grapefruit Jungle by Sun King at Tomlison Tap Room. I liked Chilly Water too. Great beer and a great facility.

The Hop for Teacher at Fountain Square Brewery was outstanding.

Anywho, if anyone has the chance to do Bike & Brews in Indy, they are an enormous amount of fun and recommended.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We did a brewery tour bus trip to Columbus Ohio yesterday, visiting Wolf's Ridge, North High, and Smokehouse brewing companies. I really liked all 3 places, and the owners of all were very nice to our group. Wolf's Ridge was my absolute favorite, beautiful restaurant/taproom in an old manufacturing building, didn't have any food there, but sampled several of their beers, and had a pint of their Octoberfest, very nice place, just wish it was closer to home.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    One of my all time favorites I had the other day.
    Bourbon barrel aged old rasputin.

mqdefault.jpg

Attachments

• mqdefault.jpg
      mqdefault.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 3

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Flat 12 Bierwerks--"Busta Rye"

Yesterday at the gun show, I volunteered for lunch duty for friends who had a table. I left the show and went to Flat 12 for their 5 year anniversary celebration to snag hoagies, pretzels, and stuffed peppers. It was a party. Many people there making an event of it, lots of women too, not just knucklehead males with flannel shirts and beards.

As I ordered the food for the gun show, I picked up a growler of "Busta Rye" for the evening when I was back in Lafayette. Spicy smooth or smooth yet spicy . . . it's just a great beer.

Later than evening we watched a movie drank it with Thai food and left over Chicken BBQ pizza.

Busta Rye Pale Ale ? Flat12 BIERWERKS

ABV: 4.6%

IBU: 51

Flat 12 Bierwerks in Indianapolis is in the expanding/re-gentrifying Holy Cross neighborhood, right across from Smoking Goose.

Photo of Flat12 party:

CY4C0D_UMAAgkBs.jpg:large

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Asked my local spot about trying to order some Double Crooked Tree.............scored three 4 packs.
    Ouch.

But if they taste like the ones I got a few years back, oh yeah!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hometown Hero Golden Ale by Triton Brewing (Indianapolis, Indiana).

This is being canned now and I scored a 4 pack.

ABV: 5.1
    IBU: 16

Smooth, bready aftertaste. Paired it with pasta and eggplant. It worked well.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Old Stock Ale Cellar Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged - 2013. Barely-wine-esque with sherry notes. Just north of 14% ABV. Not my first rodeo with this one, and sharing with you all at the risk of making it even harder to find...

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Mashcraft Brewery in Greenwood... No TVs, just great craft beers and you can order food and have it delivered to their location. The Callisto which is brewed in January and July with a supply lasting about a month each time is a great beer with 9.1% alcohol brewed with apricots. It reminds me of a Blue Moon. I bought several growlers while supplies lasted to replace my favorite (total opposite) Busted Knuckle Ale from Quaff On! Next on the list to try is right across the street from Mashcraft is the Hot and Fire Tap House!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Space Cowboy, People's Brewing Company (Lafayette, Indiana).

Imperial IPA/Double IPA

ABV: 9.0
    IBU: 96

This is seasonal comes our January to March and is the "it" beer in Lafayette among my circle. Sales are limited to 2 sixpacks at a time. This is heavy beer, not a summer sipper.

Not as bitter as the 96 IBU would lead one to believe, pours amber/orange, Summit and Galaxy hops (hence "Space Cowboy"). Starts sweet and pine/pineapple (but can taste the ABV right at the end). As such, this is best with food, unless you are used to heavy beers.

Space Cowboy in 12 oz. bottles from the source on 2/19/16:

People's Brewing: People's Brewing Company

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Sheaf stout by Carlton and United breweries in Australia 5.7 abv. I bought it out of curiosity at my local bottle shop (The Keg in Clarksville, great selection of all things alcohol-y) anyhoo, I'm a huge fan of stouts, and when I make my weekly trip to the Keg, I'm always looking for something new, spotted this one on the shelf, with a price tag of $3.49 for a 26oz bottle, so had to try it. Even though I love stouts, I've never been much of a fan of guiness, and this beer is very similar, but better. The flavors in guiness that I enjoy, are a bit more prominent in Sheaf, and the flavors I don't care for in guiness are non existent. I may pick up a few bottles to keep around.

Top Bottom