• ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    IMG_20160708_213200458-1.jpg
    Finally got some time in today (back yard), nothing special. Buddy came over with his teenage daughter too. She shot the AK and the AR with no big fuss. She was more concerned with the AR than the AK. Thought the AR was louder probably just where she was standing at the time we shot each one. My two oldest ones got some time in also with there Crickets. It's really awesome watching them ring the steel from 50 yards out being so young. When they hit it they look back at me with such a big smile. Last one is the babies 92 silenced of course, he walks around going pew, pew.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Went to Wilbur Wright, got told on for shooting my SKS by a family not wearing hearing protection and was asked to stop.

Currently looking for a good outdoor range that is members only.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went to Wilbur Wright, got told on for shooting my SKS by a family not wearing hearing protection and was asked to stop.

So why were they not wearing hearing protection? Or were you not wearing hearing protection?

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc

Don't worry, I'm there with you. I've all but given up on Wilbur Wright myself too. The range dnr they have is ridiculous, seems everytime I have a day to go he's made up a new rule. Rules are a must in that environment, but so many that I feel I need to read a manual...no.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    No pictures, I was worried about having fun.

Fourth of July, I went to French Lick to see family. While we were there, we pulled out my new AR, which did not go as planned. So we walked closer to the target and just shot my pistols instead. In the rain. First time shooting for my soon-to-be brother-in-laws, so I was worried about making sure everyone was safe and that everyone had fun. All in all, we shot close to 100 rounds through three different pistols. They now want to join us in the great state of Indiana and abandon Commiefornia.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    [video]https://youtu.be/gbkwy1bt1AI[/video] A friend shooting for the first time. Video will go into slow-mo after a few seconds. Turn the sound up, the shell hitting the ground is cool.

edit: not sure why I can't get the video to be a direct play from the post :(

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video]https://youtu.be/gbkwy1bt1AI[/video] A friend shooting for the first time. Video will go into slow-mo after a few seconds. Turn the sound up, the shell hitting the ground is cool.

edit: not sure why I can't get the video to be a direct play from the post :(

Remove the "s" from "https".

[video=youtube_share;gbkwy1bt1AI]http://youtu.be/gbkwy1bt1AI[/video]

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    It had been far too long since I had shot anything. Went to FNS this past Friday and had a great time even if it was a tad damp out there.

I surprised myself at how well I did overall and especially on the plate rack:

[video=youtube;WQqXKHmjwWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQqXKHmjwWs[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Bigtanker, Harry1911, my cousin Bobby and one of the other local hamradio guys (Joe) all made it to the range this afternoon. What an awesome day for it. The weather was perfect. Everything ran perfect.

First up, and the main reason for the event was to put BT's new AR15 build threw it's places. Needless to say it ran flawlessly!!

[video=youtube;uWxpaKl-q6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWxpaKl-q6Q[/video]

I should have took a few pics of his target. For his first time out with the gun, and considering it's got a stock crappy trigger with a 8+ pound pull he easily shot 4 or so inch groups off hand, no steady rest. With some practice and a different trigger, I would not want him shooting at me.

Then he had to check out my AllenM built 300wm. I think it liked it. :thumbsup:
    [video=youtube;HXsmB9d8aEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXsmB9d8aEQ[/video]

Just ran my 44mag Henry lever gun. I put a Merit aperture sight on it last year and really haven't had a chance to spend some time getting it really zeroed in, We got it dialed in pretty well today. And I tested a bunch of hand loads and I think I have one that is going to work out really well. Thanks for spotting for me today BT! Here are a few target pics.

This was my last target at 50 yards. It took a few rounds to get there. This 3 shots. Two are threw the same hole:

Then out to 100 yard. This is where it got fun. I basically had to start over to get it where I wanted it. On at 100 yards and 5.5 inches high roughly at 50. And it's about an inch low I think at 25.

Here is the last 100 yard target. If you look at the black target there are 2, 2 shot groups above the group of 4. I was me zeroing it in and moving it down after moving it too far up. There is a flier on the right. The group of 4 is probably near 4 inches in diameter. Not to bad i think.

It was a great day! I really wish I would have gotten more pics. Hopefully BT took some to. Please post them if you have! And thanks for going today!!

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bigtanker, Harry1911, my cousin Bobby and one of the other local hamradio guys (Joe) all made it to the range this afternoon. What an awesome day for it. The weather was perfect. Everything ran perfect.

First up, and the main reason for the event was to put BT's new AR15 build threw it's places. Needless to say it ran flawlessly!!

[video=youtube;uWxpaKl-q6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWxpaKl-q6Q[/video]

I should have took a few pics of his target. For his first time out with the gun, and considering it's got a stock crappy trigger with a 8+ pound pull he easily shot 4 or so inch groups off hand, no steady rest. With some practice and a different trigger, I would not want him shooting at me. PIC ADDED BY BIGTANKER

Then he had to check out my AllenM built 300wm. I think it liked it. :thumbsup:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWxpaKl-q6Q

Just ran my 44mag Henry lever gun. I put a Merit aperture sight on it last year and really haven't had a chance to spend some time getting it really zeroed in, We got it dialed in pretty well today. And I tested a bunch of hand loads and I think I have one that is going to work out really well. Thanks for spotting for me today BT! Here are a few target pics.

This was my last target at 50 yards. It took a few rounds to get there. This 3 shots. Two are threw the same hole:

Then out to 100 yard. This is where it got fun. I basically had to start over to get it where I wanted it. On at 100 yards and 5.5 inches high roughly at 50. And it's about an inch low I think at 25.

Here is the last 100 yard target. If you look at the black target there are 2, 2 shot groups above the group of 4. I was me zeroing it in and moving it down after moving it too far up. There is a flier on the right. The group of 4 is probably near 4 inches in diameter. Not to bad i think.

It was a great day! I really wish I would have gotten more pics. Hopefully BT took some to. Please post them if you have! And thanks for going today!!

You were doing great with that Henry. 5" groups at 100 yards with irons is awesome. I had a blast.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You were doing great with that Henry. 5" groups at 100 yards with irons is awesome. I had a blast.

I think it's the best I have done so far. I was really please. Even my off hand shot was great.

What a good time! We have to do it again soon.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Headed to the range today since it was 50°. Took my Savage MKII and a large variety of ammo to see what it likes best. Set up at 50 yards and had sandbags for a rest. I have a fixed 4x scope atop the rifle.

Got settled in and then did 5 shot groups.

The Savage really likes the Stangers'. By far the best group. The standard velocity CCI, Winchester Super X and Armscore were pretty bad. I didn't even try my bulk ammo.

Anyway. Had a nice time. Helped a guy with a BCI Defense .300 BO. It wouldn't load another cartridge after each shot. I let him use my BCG and it ran fine. His bolt was really gritty and didn't want to rotate. So I stripped it, cleaned it up a bit and lubed it. The rifle didn't miss a beat after that.

Another member showed me a Walther Model 2 .22lr bolt/semi auto. Although I didn't know it was a semi auto till I researched it when I got home. Cool Pre-war rifle.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Did a birthday range trip last week out at MCFG. I shot almost 600 rounds through 9 pistols in about 3 hours. It was cold, but what a good time. I didn't think to take photos throughout the morning but did take a couple when I was shooting the 1911s.

Top Bottom