• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I didn't personally make any class jumps, but I did go ahead and get ranked in CCP as sharpshooter with NOT my gun, not to mention hitting middle of the time range with copied scores to SSP/ESP to boot. I just slid in under the wire when I classified last year. :yesway:

So I guess a little improvement is better than none, right?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The dotage number was 108 something but the reality number was 110 something.

Maybe a good bet on the cause but senility ain't a bad horse either.

You said 'horse'

And Brent, when was the last classifier you shot where you weren't coming in hot and not shooting somebody else's gun? LOL And you still kicked butt! Maybe a G23 in your future? or an M&P9c?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Not really shooting sport related, but kinda interesting nonetheless.

[video=youtube;_wXFf34bB34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXFf34bB34[/video]

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Right now the weather report for Saturday is 96 and sunny, one of the guys got hit buy too much heat at a local USPSA match yesterday (ambulance ride but everything is reported to be looking like he will be aok).

Probably ought to look out for each other Sat. It is hard to drink too much water when the heat index is 100 + - .

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Right now the weather report for Saturday is 96 and sunny, one of the guys got hit buy too much heat at a local USPSA match yesterday (ambulance ride but everything is reported to be looking like he will be aok).

Probably ought to look out for each other Sat. It is hard to drink too much water when the heat index is 100 + - .

Saturday was brutal! We had a family picnic and my son and I were out with my nephews playing a bit of soccer and it was rough! I was hoping we'd be done with the August heat but I think that it is going to hang around for one more go at us.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Oh , a couple interesting tidbits I thought.

I talked to the guy who made the disapearing target that we use at RB (the one that pops up & drops but does not turn) , he did IDPA and USPSA there back when things were just getting started.

Anyway, he has a piece of bullet in his leg that came back from a steel target that somebody shot at about 12 yards away. He said it was the thing where someone makes half moon craters in the steel with a high powered rifle and then a bullet can hit the side of the crater and circle back around. Doctor said it was better to leave things alone than go digging for what was in there.

Other thing, he witnessed a round go off when primer hit ejector just right during an ammo flip at 'unload and show clear' , the shooter had his hand over the ejection port when it went off, said he was not sure it was three but he thought that the shooter had to have three surgeries on his hand to repair the damage. He also saw a semi loaded moon clip land just perfectly and a round go off, nobody was hurt.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Oh , a couple interesting tidbits I thought.

I talked to the guy who made the disapearing target that we use at RB (the one that pops up & drops but does not turn) , he did IDPA and USPSA there back when things were just getting started.

Anyway, he has a piece of bullet in his leg that came back from a steel target that somebody shot at about 12 yards away. He said it was the thing where someone makes half moon craters in the steel with a high powered rifle and then a bullet can hit the side of the crater and circle back around. Doctor said it was better to leave things alone than go digging for what was in there.

Other thing, he witnessed a round go off when primer hit ejector just right during an ammo flip at 'unload and show clear' , the shooter had his hand over the ejection port when it went off, said he was not sure it was three but he thought that the shooter had to have three surgeries on his hand to repair the damage. He also saw a semi loaded moon clip land just perfectly and a round go off, nobody was hurt.

I hear what you are saying...that guy is bad luck! :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I can't believe I post that golden awesomeness and nobody follows up with it! Kids these days...

has anybody heard anything about RB's match for this Saturday? round count or number of stages?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I was just going to comment about the weather, but looks like I'm about 3 days late to the conversation. I was telling the wife earlier that I really want to shoot, but kinda don't wanna deal with the heat. But I'm sure I'll be there regardless. :rolleyes:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I was just going to comment about the weather, but looks like I'm about 3 days late to the conversation. I was telling the wife earlier that I really want to shoot, but kinda don't wanna deal with the heat. But I'm sure I'll be there regardless. :rolleyes:

Same here! has anybody gotten an official release? I'd hate to post something on FB and there not be anything happening this weekend for RB IDPA.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Same here! has anybody gotten an official release? I'd hate to post something on FB and there not be anything happening this weekend for RB IDPA.

You make it so tempting to make something up.

Anyway, I'm the 3rd guy I know who has been wasp bit at RB lately, if anybody is allergic to them suckers they are there and they are honery.

Top Bottom