• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    We are going on 4 days without a post! I know we have another few weeks before the RB match, Classifier right, but c'mon we can't let this thread go that long without somebody giving Jeff a hard time!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Classifier right

Hmmm, I think it is a planned classifier because Brad will be out & he did not know what kind of help Steve would have.

If the weather is going to stay perfect & Steve hears from folks who would like to own a stage then maybe things are flexible ?

Have another evil marksmanship thing I would like to do at the lake, only this time limited vickers so there will be no ftns to dominate the match score. Am thinking a big pepper popper at 35 yards would just look cool.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hmmm, I think it is a planned classifier because Brad will be out & he did not know what kind of help Steve would have.

If the weather is going to stay perfect & Steve hears from folks who would like to own a stage then maybe things are flexible ?

Have another evil marksmanship thing I would like to do at the lake, only this time limited vickers so there will be no ftns to dominate the match score. Am thinking a big pepper popper at 35 yards would just look cool.

I think you are on it! Limited is one of those little IDPA things that isn't always used but when used properly it can really make a course of fire go from being frustrating to enjoyable!

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    So far, I'm gonna be there as MD....good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Brad wanted me to do a classifier(s) so that's what we'll be doing. Debating on doing a BUG side match....something quick, cheap, and superficial....you know, that Grelber can understand. Anybody interested?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So far, I'm gonna be there as MD....good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Brad wanted me to do a classifier(s) so that's what we'll be doing. Debating on doing a BUG side match....something quick, cheap, and superficial....you know, that Grelber can understand. Anybody interested?

How about a real bug match and a classifier side match?
    The bug match at west side was fun last year.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Still deciding whether I should file suit. A third party said he saw you "watering" the grass at the 15 yard barrel.

You can blame Jim for that! He said no bathroom breaks from 6am until 7pm even after I told him my gout acts up if I don't go potty every few hours....he can be mean sometimes. : (

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    giphy.gif

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    New 1 second per point down IDPA rule will change things a bit.

One of you folks really needs an unmolested 642 revolver, check classifieds, great purse gun if you love your wife or daughter (or shoot on the west side).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    New 1 second per point down IDPA rule will change things a bit.

One of you folks really needs an unmolested 642 revolver, check classifieds, great purse gun if you love your wife or daughter (or shoot on the west side).

What is this new rule you speak of??? Are they SERIOUSLY going to go with 1 second per point down? That is horrific if they do...turns it into a bullseye match almost!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What is this new rule you speak of??? Are they SERIOUSLY going to go with 1 second per point down? That is horrific if they do...turns it into a bullseye match almost!

Ok, now I am starting to like it :) .

IDPA Officially Moving To 1 Second Per Point Down | Triangle Tactical

Looking at the last RB match scores, it would have moved names around a little bit in the order but not a lot, and I figure after a match or two to adapt things would pretty much go back to the same spot ? If it does have a long term effect it might be that it levels the playing field a little bit more for folks who are not quick (old farts like me) . Stage design may change a bit, more quick movers would probably neutralize any favoring of the more accurate over the more quick.

Weird thing is that rule tweaks are still being justified as being self defense based, I think even hq knows it is just a game.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm reading a bit about it on the IDPA forums at the moment in between work LOL Said Joyce mentioned at a banquet about a lack of accuracy but is that because shooters are trading some accuracy for speed or are the stages they are looking at/referencing just poorly designed? in the end it is probably going to mostly effect Classifier scores more than anything. I'd say it is going to cut way down on the number of EX and MA shooters to say the least!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I'm thinking it's pointless and won't really change much. Top-end shooter's times will be just slightly longer, at local match level it will equate to nothing except pushing the new guys/Novice/MM further down the score sheet.
    Now at top of T3/T4 matches it might make or break the Morgan Allens/Bob Vogels/etc. in seeing who's DC vs. 1st vs 2nd place, but I still see that as a rare case most of the time.

And like others commented, "Here's your new printed rulebook with no changes for two years." Oh wait....

Thinking about it, I'm probably at the skill level/class that will be affected the least, as far as required good shots on paper at middle ground speed, yet not fast enough that taking a few poor shots/penalties is better time-wise than making up shots and getting thru as fast as possible.

:dunno::dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm thinking it's pointless and won't really change much. Top-end shooter's times will be just slightly longer, at local match level it will equate to nothing except pushing the new guys/Novice/MM further down the score sheet.
    Now at top of T3/T4 matches it might make or break the Morgan Allens/Bob Vogels/etc. in seeing who's DC vs. 1st vs 2nd place, but I still see that as a rare case most of the time.

And like others commented, "Here's your new printed rulebook with no changes for two years." Oh wait....

Thinking about it, I'm probably at the skill level/class that will be affected the least, as far as required good shots on paper at middle ground speed, yet not fast enough that taking a few poor shots/penalties is better time-wise than making up shots and getting thru as fast as possible.

:dunno::dunno:

The one argument I'm also seeing is that all this 1 sec/point down giving SO's more time to make calls and I'm not sure I'm sold on that. Maybe if you have several targets from one shooting position it does but like you said, shooter that is at the top of the scoring with both time and accuracy will still be there doing the same thing at the same speed. It will be interesting to see Classifier scores now...wonder what they will do with everyone's current classification?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    For what it is worth... Those that shop at Everglades Ammo, which put out some fantastic bullets, they appear to be out of stock for most of the popular 9mm bullets weights but Xtreme Bullets still has stock and they are offering free shipping until the end of the day today or Saturday.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    For what it is worth... Those that shop at Everglades Ammo, which put out some fantastic bullets, they appear to be out of stock for most of the popular 9mm bullets weights but Xtreme Bullets still has stock and they are offering free shipping until the end of the day today or Saturday.
    You know, I don't have a problem with Xtreme's bullets, but their prices aren't really that great without a promo code/show price.
    I was price matching their 124gr HP against Montana Golds, for example, and the cost difference was .093¢ vs .096¢. The main benefit is the Xtreme price is for 500, whereas MG is by case of 3,750, for anyone who doesn't care for large quantities.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I don't have a problem with Xtreme's bullets, but their prices aren't really that great without a promo code/show price.
    I was price matching their 124gr HP against Montana Golds, for example, and the cost difference was .093¢ vs .096¢. The main benefit is the Xtreme price is for 500, whereas MG is by case of 3,750, for anyone who doesn't care for large quantities.

When Xtreme runs their free shipping offers it gets a bit more attractive if not then Everglades is the place to go.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Just picked up a box of 500 122 grain 9mm 0.357 dia coated lead "Vulcan Casting Company" bullets, $34.00 . Anybody wants to try 100, let me know. The guy that sells them will deliver to Owensboro matches free, I did not ask about pricing for larger quantities. I wanted a few to play with and push with Clays to see how low I could get recoil.

So far, 147 grain sns coated cast bullets with titegroup seem to fly really well (too squeamish to load 147's with Clays though) . Got them at just under $69 / 1000 but you have to go big and meet them at a match to get the price there.

I'm getting zero leading with the sns and the Vulcan Casting guy says I can expect the same.

Shot the CZ at RB and SCGC this weekend. Am not doing my part at all well (reloads, brain farts, d.a. first shot) and I need a lot of practice with it, but I am really high on the gun.

Top Bottom