• ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    How is Saturday looking for WSSC ?

For what it is worth, shooting 3 gun pistol only at Owensboro (or 2/3 guns if you have them) is a viable back up plan if WSSC is too wet and anybody is antsy to burn powder.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    it finally happened....after all this time our thread finally fell off the front page. But never again! Hope everybody is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend and that we've all taken a bit of time to reflect on what this day means.

Enjoy yourselves and we hope to see you soon at Red Brush and The WSSC IDPA

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    GunCam Bundle Full-HD 1080p - Tachyon Action Cameras

Broke down & bought one of these, I think I've got about 208 invested grand total including 32 gig memory card, you can find them on special & there are cheaper options on eBay & etc so I think you can get going for considerably less. Mounted to a baseball cap you do not really notice it.

Not sure if it will help, but figure that knowledge is a good thing and at the very least it allows you to see what you are doing with your grip & trigger finger & mag changes.

Will likely be more useful when I start remembering to push the "on" button before shooting.

For what it is worth.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    GunCam Bundle Full-HD 1080p - Tachyon Action Cameras

Broke down & bought one of these, I think I've got about 208 invested grand total including 32 gig memory card, you can find them on special & there are cheaper options on eBay & etc so I think you can get going for considerably less. Mounted to a baseball cap you do not really notice it.

Not sure if it will help, but figure that knowledge is a good thing and at the very least it allows you to see what you are doing with your grip & trigger finger & mag changes.

Will likely be more useful when I start remembering to push the "on" button before shooting.

For what it is worth.

Sweet!!!! You'll have to let us know how you like it. Saw kevin with a GoPro that had WiFi and you could get a real time look when you sync it on your phone! I think it might be time to get one of these...then I'll have to figure out what I'm looking for when I do get one! LOL

Hope everybody had a good time at Red Brush on Saturday! We will fill you in on our days in Sparta when we get back... I will leave you with the following "Free Chili Dogs & Margaritas"

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Sweet!!!! You'll have to let us know how you like it. Saw kevin with a GoPro that had WiFi and you could get a real time look when you sync it on your phone! I think it might be time to get one of these...then I'll have to figure out what I'm looking for when I do get one! LOL

Hope everybody had a good time at Red Brush on Saturday! We will fill you in on our days in Sparta when we get back... I will leave you with the following "Free Chili Dogs & Margaritas"

WIFI: You mean like mine that I've had for a couple of years? :)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Double check before making the drive, but I was told that:

Whittaker's is doing their Benchmade thing on Saturday (maybe Friday also I think).

Free cap & tee shirt and engraving if you buy a knife, do not know if you get free sharpening and engraving if you bring your old knife in (they did this at the NRA annual but maybe not this weekend, dunno). Prices are better than what I could find anywhere on the internet.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Switching back to 124 gr bullets, gotta go run a few thru chrono with each gun, see how they work out.

That's about as new as I'm getting for the moment.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Gotta throw a Bump up here to keep us on the front page!

Anybody got anything new they are looking to try out next match?

Not on order yet, but maybe.

Men's Armachillo Cooling Boxer Briefs - Duluth Trading

Shot the CCP CZ last time, think that may be my IDPA gun for a while. 9mm loaded hot enough to make pf in a short barrel are kind of fun and snappy, and if I'm shooting a little gun nobody can ***** at me for long shots by the lake :) .

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Not on order yet, but maybe.

Men's Armachillo Cooling Boxer Briefs - Duluth Trading

Shot the CCP CZ last time, think that may be my IDPA gun for a while. 9mm loaded hot enough to make pf in a short barrel are kind of fun and snappy, and if I'm shooting a little gun nobody can ***** at me for long shots by the lake :) .

I'm digging the Armachillos LOL

What model of CCP CZ did you shoot? I know I know...P-01 right?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Am thinking bay 6 is going to be a transition drill Saturday.

4 paper targets left, 4 paper targets right, distanced to force maximum number of long swings, couple steels with no shoots behind farther down range to make it 18 rounds.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Good stuff I just ordered some. Works great :yesway:
    If you order some you might want to look at this also.
    Armachillo Ball Cap Cape - Duluth Trading

Yeah it make you look stranger(some of us it is a improvement) but makes a big difference with the sun not beating down on your neck. The best thing about it is it makes your hearing protection tolerable in the heat. I usually take my muffs off after every shooter trying to cool down. Match yesterday with the heat at 100+ and only took my muffs off between stages. No sweaty hearing protection. I will be ordering some more of these.

It does look strange but you IDPA guys running around in cover garments when it is 100 degrees I think that ship has already sailed:stickpoke:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good stuff I just ordered some. Works great :yesway:
    If you order some you might want to look at this also.
    Armachillo Ball Cap Cape - Duluth Trading

Yeah it make you look stranger(some of us it is a improvement) but makes a big difference with the sun not beating down on your neck. The best thing about it is it makes your hearing protection tolerable in the heat. I usually take my muffs off after every shooter trying to cool down. Match yesterday with the heat at 100+ and only took my muffs off between stages. No sweaty hearing protection. I will be ordering some more of these.

It does look strange but you IDPA guys running around in cover garments when it is 100 degrees I think that ship has already sailed:stickpoke:

Thankfully Jeff is already strange so nobody will bat an eye if he shows up in nothing but his Armachillo hat and boxer briefs :D LOL

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Am thinking bay 6 is going to be a transition drill Saturday.

4 paper targets left, 4 paper targets right, distanced to force maximum number of long swings, couple steels with no shoots behind farther down range to make it 18 rounds.

I like it! You play your cards right you might get to see my new CZ 9mm!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Red Brush IDPA July 2nd
    From headquarters:
    Online registration is now open for Saturday's match. About 100 rounds over 5 stages. Setup starts at 7, registration at 8, new shooters meeting at 9:30 and match begins at 10. $15 match fee, setup crew is $5. Go to practiscore and search matches by typing red brush idpa and you will find the match registration. If you want to shoot with specific people, you should register online so you can squad together.

Top Bottom