• ...and so much more!
  • Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Great match!

I completely blew stage 1, the mover was deceptively hard to hit and more than half my points down were on that stage! All of the stages were fun, and my squad was quick to paste and keep things moving. Met some great shooters, and caught up with some old friends that I used to shoot with going back into the mid 90's. I really enjoyed the day.

The stage design had some close calls on the 180's, and I understand why it was needed based on the previous comments here. Hopefully everyone will be able to tighten that up in the future. I know what it's like to S.O. a new or unsafe shooter and it can be quite stressful.

I have only shot twice in the past 5 years, but I would like to make a comeback if life permits. With kids sports/family/work it is hard to make it on Saturdays.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That is good news! Glad to hear you had a good time. Between Red Brush and the West Side Sportsman's Club there are 2 great places to shoot with a ton of great shooters and quality individuals! Hope you are able to keep coming out !!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Side Sportsman's Club host their monthly IDPA Match on Saturday, October 8th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM. WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We are planning to use the new event bay west of cowboy town.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Doug Klueh is match director and he has 6 Courses of Fire, with the minimum round count about 100. The cost will be $15.00 per weapon. Some of our Safety Officers and event staff will not be at this event so Doug can use your help.[/FONT]

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Good stuff. I noticed there were a LOT of NDs in that video. I would assume that's just because of the run & gun nature of USPSA (but still no excuse for poor firearm handling)?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Good stuff. I noticed there were a LOT of NDs in that video. I would assume that's just because of the run & gun nature of USPSA (but still no excuse for poor firearm handling)?

I'm guessing you are right, or maybe that is just the type of match they had the most video from, I have seen the discharge during reload at a rb idpa match .

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I thought you'd get a kick from the P-09 reference. :laugh:

I'm ready to go run a revamped classifier for fun (and possibly profit?) :shoot:

Also, they need to scrap the carbine junk and just do some sort of optics division. Last time I checked, the acronym stood for "PISTOL" Association...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Also, they need to scrap the carbine junk and just do some sort of optics division. Last time I checked, the acronym stood for "PISTOL" Association...

Wilson sells 9mm carbines for $2000 each, I can't figure any other reason for them to be in a concealed carry pistol sport :n00b: . Lots of discussion on Enos about how to deal with them in USPSA (muzzling, start positions, weak hand strings, etc) . If you could buy a good one for what you can get a good ar15 for these days I can see where they would be a viable home self defense tool and a fun range toy. With a load that can take some advantage of the barrel the ballistics work out about 1/2 way between a pistol fired 9mm and a pistol fired 357 magnum.

Cross posted the video :) . How do you make it appear as it does here and not just as a link?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Wilson sells 9mm carbines for $2000 each, I can't figure any other reason for them to be in a concealed carry pistol sport :n00b: . Lots of discussion on Enos about how to deal with them in USPSA (muzzling, start positions, weak hand strings, etc) . If you could buy a good one for what you can get a good ar15 for these days I can see where they would be a viable home self defense tool and a fun range toy. With a load that can take some advantage of the barrel the ballistics work out about 1/2 way between a pistol fired 9mm and a pistol fired 357 magnum.

Cross posted the video :) . How do you make it appear as it does here and not just as a link?
    I use the "insert video" toolbar option (looks like a film strip) to embed the vid right in the post.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Watched two ad dq's yesterday, one moving with finger on trigger & shot the wall in front of him & one had a round in when he put the hammer down on unload & show clear. I was not holding the timer :) .

Anyway, reminded me, it looks like there will be a lot more moving reloads when the new IDPA rules are finalized. Fun, but potential for a lot more 180 issues when moving to the weak side, & ad's if trigger finger discipline is not ingrained. Maybe good skills to practice and or maybe something to be proactive about helping folks with? Maybe.

Top Bottom