• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I could bust some yotes from my window but I'd be shooting over the driveway, across a road, over a bean field and into some woods a school owns. I see them at the wood's edge most nights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I could bust some yotes from my window but I'd be shooting over the driveway, across a road, over a bean field and into some woods a school owns. I see them at the wood's edge most nights.

I have been wanting to go but just no time. Place I hunt is being groomed for deer right now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh-oh-oh.....can I come up and bust some yotes.....please.

Hubby is rounding up places where he can shoot some. We hear them but never see them. I am pretty sure they found the doe before I did. The buzzards were already working on her but there were some huge canine prints in the sand in the area where we found her and her ears were half gone. Her hind quarters had some damage as well. We have a neighbor (elderly friend) who said she had one right up by her garage the one night and her dog was going crazy so he has permission to go there so far. Season starts in two weeks so I guess he will be charging up the game caller and spending time in his condo to see if he can call some in. I'll have to tell the highway superintendent we will take a few roadkills again for the bait pile. They were happy to provide them last year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hubby is rounding up places where he can shoot some. We hear them but never see them. I am pretty sure they found the doe before I did. The buzzards were already working on her but there were some huge canine prints in the sand in the area where we found her and her ears were half gone. Her hind quarters had some damage as well. We have a neighbor (elderly friend) who said she had one right up by her garage the one night and her dog was going crazy so he has permission to go there so far. Season starts in two weeks so I guess he will be charging up the game caller and spending time in his condo to see if he can call some in. I'll have to tell the highway superintendent we will take a few roadkills again for the bait pile. They were happy to provide them last year.

You can shoot Coyote on private property year round. No seasons.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    cm, I saw your post in the other thread about squatters. I've never had it happen. With the way things are (referring to society, in general) I've wondered what the best way to deal with them are. I could see it getting, um well, ugly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought that was only if they are causing damage/harm to livestock, etc. I know that is how it is for coons and such.

There is prime time to get them but we have hunted them up to deer season and directly after. My buddy gets a few from the deer stand every year.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I thought that was only if they are causing damage/harm to livestock, etc. I know that is how it is for coons and such.

Here:

Coyotes
    Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

Clear as mud? That is straight from the DNR site and the second sentence directly contradicts the first. :facepalm:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    cm, I saw your post in the other thread about squatters. I've never had it happen. With the way things are (referring to society, in general) I've wondered what the best way to deal with them are. I could see it getting, um well, ugly.

It does. They are belligerent self righteous A$$ Hats. They are no more than cock roaches moving in on others.
    I will not openly discuss how they are dealt with around here. It is the interwebs. But, If you know me at all you already know.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :shady:

Either my first or second time hunting (deer) with my uncle, there was a pack of the little bastards coming in and they scared off the deer that were coming in as well...he said he's going to get one...12g slug right in the middle of the forehead makes both eye balls pop out of socket, fyi.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    It does. They are belligerent self righteous A$$ Hats. They are no more than cock roaches moving in on others.
    I will not openly discuss how they are dealt with around here. It is the interwebs. But, If you know me at all you already know.

You give them a beer and hang out and talk racing???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom