Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    How long is the drive down there??

45 Minutes. I can do that so much easier than going to Lafayette though. If I have to do it several times a week, I am okay with that. I told mom I can come in the afternoon on the days I help the neighbor and all day on the other days if needed. If my sister is not working, she can help a lot too since she is only a mile from them. My other sister is about 20 minutes away but she is useless...truly useless.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am going to go out and see what a mess my garden is. I haven't been in it since the beginning of the week so I am pretty sure the deer are getting some zucchini and cucumbers that are past their prime.

I also seem to have some flowers to plant that jumped into my truck the other day and are setting in the wheelbarrow...a couple of big clumps of daylillies and some irises. That neighbor better be done thinning their plants soon. My husband is getting annoyed when he sees me coming home with more in the truck!! LOL! He just gives me the look....but then I get them planted and everything is okay. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The deer and turkeys really need to get out of the back yard for a few minutes or I am going to get NOTHING done today. They have been out there all morning. I just looked out the door and there are several of each out there between me and the garden. :ugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am going to go out and see what a mess my garden is. I haven't been in it since the beginning of the week so I am pretty sure the deer are getting some zucchini and cucumbers that are past their prime.

I also seem to have some flowers to plant that jumped into my truck the other day and are setting in the wheelbarrow...a couple of big clumps of daylillies and some irises. That neighbor better be done thinning their plants soon. My husband is getting annoyed when he sees me coming home with more in the truck!! LOL! He just gives me the look....but then I get them planted and everything is okay. :)

We have harvested most everything from the 1st go round.
    Onion re-plants are coming up and there are some potato re-plants as well. Maters are all but gone. Still a few hanging out on the color turn.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The deer and turkeys really need to get out of the back yard for a few minutes or I am going to get NOTHING done today. They have been out there all morning. I just looked out the door and there are several of each out there between me and the garden. :ugh:

Shoo them off Mom, they will be back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom