SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have yet to crash a car.
    I had to take many hours of driving lessons before I could pass my driving test.

I think here if you have a pulse and can see slightly past the front bumper of the car, you will pass....Or, you can do like the illegals and just drive without one...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think here if you have a pulse and can see slightly past the front bumper of the car, you will pass....Or, you can do like the illegals and just drive without one...

From what I have seen our driving test is one of the tougher to pass, I failled the first time after taking 25 hours of driving lessons.
    I had to take another 25 hours of training to try a second time.
    I even heard of some people who couldn't pass it in France and managed to get one in the US in order then exchange it for a French one.
    I think most people get it after the second or third time over here, it's considered harder to get than a college dilploma.

But once you get it it's a lifetime permit, no expiration date on it. :rockwoot:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hey Sylvain,

What are these "Christmas Markets" in Germany?? Are they like Flea Markets that pop up just for the holiday seasons and then close???

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I'm sure the illegals are safer drivers though, they don't want to bump into you, have the cops called and get arrested.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    From what I have seen our driving test is one of the tougher to pass, I failled the first time after taking 25 hours of driving lessons.
    I had to take another 25 hours of training to try a second time.
    I even heard of some people who couldn't pass it in France and managed to get one in the US in order then exchange it for a French one.
    I think most people get it after the second or third time over here, it's considered harder to get than a college dilploma.

But once you get it it's a lifetime permit, no expiration date on it. :rockwoot:

That's cool....Here you have to get them renewed every 6 or 7 years.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey Sylvain,

What are these "Christmas Markets" in Germany?? Are they like Flea Markets that pop up just for the holiday seasons and then close???

We have them in France too.
    Yes they are temporary markets before christmas.
    It's not flea markets, they usually sale food like you would find at a fair.
    You can find christmas trees and stuff like that too, they have nativity scenes as well.

They are usually next to churches or cathedrals.

March%C3%A9s-de-No%C3%ABl-%C3%A0-Rennes.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's cool....Here you have to get them renewed every 6 or 7 years.

It's both cool and uncool.
    Here I if I want I can not drive for 50 years and then get back on the road without knowing the new road signs and rules, or whatnot.
    And the cops can't stop mean unless I'm unsafe.
    Old people driving is a problem.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Those Christmas Markets look pretty neat Sylvain.....I didn't know they existed until recently when that 12yr old Iraqi tried to blow one up last week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom