Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    311877_10150492147543056_62271063055_11319161_1666914472_n.jpg

This thing just keeps growing I drive past it every day on my way too and from work.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I may sound callous with this. But everyone in those cars knows the risk. It happens, there was a point in time when it made the news when someone didn't die in the 500.

And Yes I think they should have finished the race. The drivers who didn't want to get back in the car didn't have too.

It's not the tracks fault, it's not the cars fault, it is not the fact that too large a field of cars was allowed to qualify for the race. They are aggressive drivers who want to win and the pushed a little too hard and made a mistake. Unfortunately someone died as a result. It is tragic but the race must go on.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I love it when people tell you that they have been checking the fluids in your company vehicles.. And then they admit they haven't when the truck overheats because it is BONE DRY on antifreeze.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The people I feel bad for are the guys who worked on that car. They are all going to second guess everything they did to that car and wonder if something they did may have changed the outcome for better or worse.

I work on race cars and I have had people hurt in race cars I work on it is never a good feeling.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I may sound callous with this. But everyone in those cars knows the risk. It happens, there was a point in time when it made the news when someone didn't die in the 500.

And Yes I think they should have finished the race. The drivers who didn't want to get back in the car didn't have too.

It's not the tracks fault, it's not the cars fault, it is not the fact that too large a field of cars was allowed to qualify for the race. They are aggressive drivers who want to win and the pushed a little too hard and made a mistake. Unfortunately someone died as a result. It is tragic but the race must go on.
    I find it sad, but I'm not going out and buying flowers either. You're right, he knew the risks and so does everyone else that gets into a fiberglass tub and goes 230 MPH. At least he died doing what he loved.. More than most of us will ever get.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The people I feel bad for are the guys who worked on that car. They are all going to second guess everything they did to that car and wonder if something they did may have changed the outcome for better or worse.

I work on race cars and I have had people hurt in race cars I work on it is never a good feeling.
    I feel bad for the guy that got loose in the turn and caused the whole mess to begin with.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It was kinda eerie hearing all the interviews that were done before the race about how scared the drivers were that someone was going to get hurt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom