The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd say the statement is true. The press, other than conservative leaning press, was not fair to Bush, was not fair to McCain during the '08 election, was not fair to Romney in the '12 election, and was largely incapable of criticizing Obama until after the '12 election when the administration tried to nail one of their own.

I don't know about Doc, but I consider the "conservative leaning press," part of the "media."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Are you talking about outlets that Obama, Hillary, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN &al have dubbed false news that should not be paid attention to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Conservative media exists, or doesn't exist, as much as liberal media.

Oh, no. Not nearly on the same scale as liberal media. Keep in mind that I'm talking about hard news media. You have Fox News, whose hard news is generally top notch. Other than Fox News, you have some very partisan outlets. On the other side, all of the following lean left or are solid left: NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, PBS, MSNBC (they really shouldn't count since they don't really do hard news), WaPo, NYT, The Atlantic. I will say that I've found The Hill to be mostly fair in their reporting, except they do tend to print anti-trump stories more than pro. And that may be because that's where most of the stories are.

But the point is, the left leaning media has viewership/readership an order of magnitude more than conservative media. That's why it's mainstream. It's what everyone is being fed, and those outlets tend to be quite unfair reporting conservative politics. And there's a great reason for that. Most of them are Democrats.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Defamation, libel and yelling fire in a crowded theater are not natural rights protected by the first amendment.

If they can be proven in court there are penalties.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ah gotcha. Thanks. For second I was thinking there was some sort of hypocrisy going on....ya know, the I don't like Obama crowd for racial reasons, compared to the I don't like Trump's picks using the same logic. I had no idea it was meant to be a history lesson.
    Race is a factor with obama yes. Because he made it an issue. He rallied the poor and uneducated blacks and also the educated blacks that seek notoriety and help keep the downtrodden in the dark to serve their own purpose.
    the outgoing traitor in chief has been the worse thing for this nation since the civil war. I will be glad to see him go back to civilian life so he can be a Muslim in peace and not screw up our country anymore. I hope he becomes just a small bump in the history of this country. He misled a lot of people and whenever questioned he used intimidation and accusations of racism. If anything he just made it worse for black people. Anyone who supports obama or thinks he wasa good president just lets me know to stay away from them or at least let's me know they would be my country's enemy if it ever came to that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Race is a factor with obama yes. Because he made it an issue. He rallied the poor and uneducated blacks and also the educated blacks that seek notoriety and help keep the downtrodden in the dark to serve their own purpose.
    the outgoing traitor in chief has been the worse thing for this nation since the civil war. I will be glad to see him go back to civilian life so he can be a Muslim in peace and not screw up our country anymore. I hope he becomes just a small bump in the history of this country. He misled a lot of people and whenever questioned he used intimidation and accusations of racism. If anything he just made it worse for black people. Anyone who supports obama or thinks he wasa good president just lets me know to stay away from them or at least let's me know they would be my country's enemy if it ever came to that.

I think Obama is a decent person and I think he got a lot of policy wrong but I definitely don't subscribe to the same hatred of him that you do. (worst thing since the civil war?). He's been about par for the course as modern US presidents go, go ahead and label me an enemy of whatever 'your country' is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I will never convince you

You're original statement made it seem as if all media is liberal leaning. I contested that belief. There maybe multiple news sources that lean liberal. They may be more news sources that lean liberal, but in the grand scheme of things people are directed to the news which reflects their outlook. Fox News is #1 right, as far as viewership? Convince me that Fox isn't just as effective as the other sources combined.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're original statement made it seem as if all media is liberal leaning. I contested that belief. There maybe multiple news sources that lean liberal. They may be more news sources that lean liberal, but in the grand scheme of things people are directed to the news which reflects their outlook. Fox News is #1 right, as far as viewership? Convince me that Fox isn't just as effective as the other sources combined.

No. Only among cable news networks. Broadcast news has an order of magnitude more viewers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope. But he's a republican so the massively liberal media will do everything they can to insult, undermine, and foment hatred for him

This seems to be the case.
    I have no facts/figures but just casually looking at this they (majority of media) are going head hunting.
    This phone conversation is just 1 of many examples. Nothing "O" did got much scrutiny from 95% of the Media outlets save Fox. And they could have done a better job as a whole.

Yes, the media is and has been in the bag for the left since before Clinton.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kut is lumping in all of the conservative radio commentators, bloggers and youtubers as members as media, and he is correct.

Oh :poop:, did I agree with Kut?

The problem is that the established Main Stream Media (basically tv and cable news outlets) and progressives have been calling Fox and any other conservative outlet "false news" or "alt right news". They have tried to link them with the KKK, NAZI's, white nationalists &c.

So the conservative message is marginalized, but the good thing is that the MSM has tripped over their own power cords and exposed themselves and their bias to the general public.

Trump can Tweet around them for the next 8 years and make then the reactionaries. Put out his agenda to the American people and have a grass roots ground swell that will constrain lawmakers to represent the Constitution amd the people they work for.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Weren't they pushing for people to vote Clinton for Time's Person of the Year?

Trump swooped in and stole that from her, too!

I'm not too impressed, though. I mean, hell... I won the award in 2006.

CzEuR4IXUAArY_r.jpg:small

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This thread is way long in the tooth fellas.
    We like to close them around 5K and this one is miles out.

Going to close it and start a new one when I can get a response from Paul F. as this is his baby.

Look for the grand opening soon.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Fox News isn't "conservative".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom